The Photo Gallery section has returned to Oc.Net through the hard work and dilligence of Fr. Anastasios our Webdespota. Submissions are now being accepted for photos to our gallery. I still have all photos that were previously posted on the site so no need to resend. If you have new photos the following guidelines should be followed:
1) Photos should be appropriate for a christian website
Appropriate types of photos:
a) church events (e.g. baptism, chrismation, wedding, elevation to priestly order (yes reader and higher fall in here), etc.)
b) Parties/Gatherings which take place on church grounds (e.g. super bowl party sponsored by parish, christmas plays, bible study, Christmas Pageant, Pascha B-B-Q, etc.)
photo of each poster to identify said poster if they so choose. This will be kept in accordance with the "What does everyone look like" thread.
d) Photos of Christian sites and places (e.g. Vatican Square, Mt. Athos, The Phanar, etc.)
Inappropriate types of photos:
a) Multiple Personal Photos (non-church related),
b) Vacations not related to religion (no photos of the family trip to Disney World or the Bachelor party to Las Vegas)
c) Family Photos (we're not trying to host a gallery for personal use)
d) Adult Content (submitter of any of this content is repremandable by Administrative Staff if warranted)
e) Other pictures deemed inappropriate by administrative staff (Dorm parties, hanging out, drunken/lewd behavior, other pictures as determined by administrative Staff)
2) Since it was brought up as a point of concern, pictures related to alcohol at religious events
will be accepted within reason (pictures of individuals taking drinks or having bottles on tables are fine, but any obviously intoxicated behavior will not be tolerated and will subject the submitter to repremand by the administrative staff). If you are not sure that a picture would be appropriate please e-mail or PM me with a description of the event and we can discuss it
3) Photo collections should not
be posted in a thread. This causes the forum to eat more bandwith and can cause increased load times for non high-speed internet users.
4) Photos can be submitted by:
a) e-mail to email@example.com
b) Direct discussion with content administrators
5) If you have any questions or would like to discuss these guidelines further, please do not hesitate to contact myself or the Administrator of the Content team, Fr. Anastasios.
6) Submissions will remain the copyright of their submitters, but by submitting your content, you are granting OrthodoxChristianity.net a perpetual license to use the material.
7) Photos should reflect the site's mission statement: "Your Home on the Net for Orthodox Christianity." Pictures should reflect the Orthodox Church in some way. Non-Orthodox religious events are generally not under this definition, but if you have made a visit to historic or culturally significant non-Orthodox Churches or places, please feel free to submit for consideration.
Final Note: please PLEASE PLEASE
submit photos to the gallery; we can't make this work without content submission from everyone. If you want to start somewhere, take some pictures of the parish you attend on Sundays before, during and after liturgy and submit those, its very simple, and will help to make the Galleries so much better.
Thanks very much for everyone's help