OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 04:43:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Submit your photos/photogalleries  (Read 11251 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:27:30 PM »

Dear in Christ,

If you have photos that you would like to appear in the official OCnet photogalleries, please email them to ocnet.photos@gmail.com with a thorough description.

Aurelia will be heading up photo development.

In Christ,

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:30:46 PM »

Is this for a strictly religious gallery (e.g., icons, church architecture, etc.), or also personal stuff (e.g., members, religious cartoons, etc.)?
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 10:36:07 AM »

I think we will just be sticking with strictly religious things at this point.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 05:13:04 PM »

Would my baptism count??

I am riding waves of euphoria people!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 05:20:45 PM by Postolowka » Logged

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 05:29:09 PM »

Congratulations, Postolowka!

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 07:56:02 PM »

Would my baptism count??

I am riding waves of euphoria people!
When were you baptized?
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 11:17:48 PM »

TODAY! Cheesy

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 11:47:07 PM »

TODAY! Cheesy
Mabruk ya akhi! Congratulations my brother!! Smiley Welcome home!!  Cheesy

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »

Mabruk ya akhi! Congratulations my brother!! Smiley Welcome home!!  Cheesy
INDEED! Grin
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 03:50:44 AM »

BTTT

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 11:32:34 AM »

OK, so about those photos/photo galleries. And I haven't forgotten about you EofK, I'm gonna do a resize on the photos because they're massive. EVERYONE Keep those photos coming though as we need new content to fill the photo galleries. Also, if you haven't seen yet, there are photos from St. Michael's ACROD church in Niles, Illinois and from Fr. Chris' church in Birmingham, Alabama.

-Nick
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 11:33:01 AM by admiralnick » Logged

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 12:39:12 PM »

That's ok!  They are really huge pics.  BTW, we have some of our daughter's baptism now (just happened last night).  I'll email them to you as well.  I can resize them if you like.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 02:53:56 PM »

Some of the photos from my parish are also that of the St.Nicholas Chapel that we have here (mainly the Pantokrator and the Platytera, iirc). I do plan on sending more photos of the Cathedral after the Nativity, after all the flower arrnagements we have get moved out of the way.

I also hope to take photos on one of our parish service days at a local soup kitchen. I just visited there this morning to deliver 250 pounds of rice, and I wish I had another extra load for them!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »

a good size is 640

Please Buy My Book!

Marat
Elder

Faith: Catholic reinvestigating the Orthodox Church

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 12:55:58 PM »

Where can you view the gallery? I don't see it, but I'm sure I will as soon as I post this. Smiley
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 12:57:21 PM »

at the top click website (or just go to orthodoxchristianity.net) and click photos on the left menu)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:57:32 PM by Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Marat
Elder

Faith: Catholic reinvestigating the Orthodox Church

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 01:06:09 PM »

at the top click website (or just go to orthodoxchristianity.net) and click photos on the left menu)

Thanks!
admiralnick
OC.net guru

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »

There are new photo galleries abound, much thanks to all who have contributed. Please keep the photos coming unless you all want to see 100s of pictures of me  Shocked Angry   Yea, I didn't think so either!  laugh

-Nick

admiralnick
OC.net guru

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 03:53:04 PM »

The Photo Gallery section has returned to Oc.Net through the hard work and dilligence of Fr. Anastasios our Webdespota. Submissions are now being accepted for photos to our gallery. I still have all photos that were previously posted on the site so no need to resend. If you have new photos the following guidelines should be followed:

1) Photos should be appropriate for a christian website

Appropriate types of photos:
a) church events (e.g. baptism, chrismation, wedding, elevation to priestly order (yes reader and higher fall in here), etc.)
b) Parties/Gatherings which take place on church grounds (e.g. super bowl party sponsored by parish, christmas plays, bible study, Christmas Pageant, Pascha B-B-Q, etc.)
c) 1 photo of each poster to identify said poster if they so choose. This will be kept in accordance with the "What does everyone look like" thread.
d) Photos of Christian sites and places (e.g. Vatican Square, Mt. Athos, The Phanar, etc.)

Inappropriate types of photos:
a) Multiple Personal Photos (non-church related),
b) Vacations not related to religion (no photos of the family trip to Disney World or the Bachelor party to Las Vegas)
c) Family Photos (we're not trying to host a gallery for personal use)
d) Adult Content (submitter of any of this content is repremandable by Administrative Staff if warranted)
e) Other pictures deemed inappropriate by administrative staff (Dorm parties, hanging out, drunken/lewd behavior, other pictures as determined by administrative Staff)

2) Since it was brought up as a point of concern, pictures related to alcohol at religious events will be accepted within reason (pictures of individuals taking drinks or having bottles on tables are fine, but any obviously intoxicated behavior will not be tolerated and will subject the submitter to repremand by the administrative staff). If you are not sure that a picture would be appropriate please e-mail or PM me with a description of the event and we can discuss it

3) Photo collections should not be posted in a thread. This causes the forum to eat more bandwith and can cause increased load times for non high-speed internet users.

4) Photos can be submitted by:
a) e-mail to ocnet.photos@gmail.com
b) Direct discussion with content administrators

5) If you have any questions or would like to discuss these guidelines further, please do not hesitate to contact myself or the Administrator of the Content team, Fr. Anastasios.

6) Submissions will remain the copyright of their submitters, but by submitting your content, you are granting OrthodoxChristianity.net a perpetual license to use the material.

7) Photos should reflect the site's mission statement: "Your Home on the Net for Orthodox Christianity."  Pictures should reflect the Orthodox Church in some way.  Non-Orthodox religious events are generally not under this definition, but if you have made a visit to historic or culturally significant non-Orthodox Churches or places, please feel free to submit for consideration.

Final Note: please PLEASE PLEASE submit photos to the gallery; we can't make this work without content submission from everyone. If you want to start somewhere, take some pictures of the parish you attend on Sundays before, during and after liturgy and submit those, its very simple, and will help to make the Galleries so much better.

Thanks very much for everyone's help
-Nick
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 04:58:17 PM by Fr. Anastasios » Logged

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 04:00:17 PM »

Will there be a separate gallery available for each user or will the pictures be gathered all together with no tags or signatures?
admiralnick
OC.net guru

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »

Will there be a separate gallery available for each user or will the pictures be gathered all together with no tags or signatures?

The photos will be separated into board categories and the sub categories. There will be tags on the photos to describe what the photos are and there will be a note relaying who contributed the photos. The final separations will depend on how many and of what type of pictures we receive.

-Nick

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »

Gentlemen, you don't know what you've asked for.

I have 100's of photos!    Cheesy

...any size constraints?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 04:20:50 PM »

I'm guess 640x480 would be the ideal.  Large enough, but not so large as to hog space and skyrocket bandwidth needs.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
admiralnick
OC.net guru

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 04:45:58 PM »

Yea, 640X480 is good, if you can resize them before you send them it would be awesome, but if not, I can resize them. Also, please include a label of exactly what the picture is so I can add a caption. If the caption would take a long time to explain or links to a certain thread explaining it or some such, please attach that as well.

-Nick

serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 12:54:22 PM »

Is there any kind of limit of amount of pictures?  Sorry for the random question...

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
admiralnick
OC.net guru

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »

Is there any kind of limit of amount of pictures?  Sorry for the random question...

Ummm, reasonableness and server space are definitely considerations. Alot depends on the number of people who are actually submitting. For now there is not limit, but if necessary we will employ either a limit or a process of gallery rotation.

-Nick

stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 07:44:06 PM »

I can't find the photo button how about a link to it ...Thank You....

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
admiralnick
OC.net guru

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »

I can't find the photo button how about a link to it ...Thank You....

go to the main page http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net and then look at the links in red at the top of the banner. The last link on the right says "Photos"

-Nick

admiralnick
OC.net guru

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 10:03:28 AM »

New Photos have been posted along with most of the photos which previously appeared on the site. We have a nice gallery from Constantinople which is the newest addition to our photo collections. In the coming time, I'm going to be posting more Constantinople pictures as well as more pictures of Orthodox Churches. If anyone has suggestions for criticisms, please feel free to let me know via PM and please start sending more pictures.

Thanks!

-Nick

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 11:21:08 AM »

Wow!

Beautiful!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
admiralnick
OC.net guru

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 12:16:10 PM »

*bump*

Tags: photos photo gallery 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print