Author Topic: When to report a post, and when not to.  (Read 359 times)

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
When to report a post, and when not to.
« on: February 16, 2016, 09:32:32 PM »
Dear Forum members,

I would like to clarify the purpose of the "Report to Moderator" option, that is located in the lower right corner of each post.

When you are enjoying reading the hundreds of posts each day, and you happen to notice that someone has broken a Rule, such as blaspheming, using obscenity, committing an ad hominem, etc., please hit the button.

We rely not only on your eyes, but, your wise discernment as to what is a Rules violation and what is not, in helping us "catch" all the violations, and keep this Forum running smoothly and being a pleasant experience for all who visit it.

However, the button is not to replace the Private Message System.  If you merely have a question or a concern, feel free to PM any of the moderators.  They will all be more than happy to review your concerns and answer your questions.

By "reporting" something you personally find offensive (but, doesn't break any Rules), or "reporting" an inquiry, you merely manage to bog down the system.  There are only so many moderators, and they all have day jobs.  Please, respect the time and effort they all put in to this voluntary position.

If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions...please feel free to PM.  :D

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

PS.  For those who do not comply with the above, and continue to flood the System with nonsensical reports, you will be receiving official warnings.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline FatherGiryus

• ποιμένα των βράχων
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Genuine New Calendar Orthodoxy
  • Jurisdiction: Self-Ruled Antiochianistic Eparchy
Re: When to report a post, and when not to.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:07:59 AM »
+1
The best part of banging your head against a wall over and over again is that it feels really good when you stop. - Anonymous

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
Re: When to report a post, and when not to.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 10:38:47 AM »
Thanks for the reminder.
Most of my 'issues' are with my own passions AND forgetting that some forums are moderated, while other forums allow freedoms from constraints to keep our nasty selves in check.....but I'll try to remember and check more often.