OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 05:35:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth  (Read 3163 times) Average Rating: 0
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« on: August 07, 2007, 08:34:41 PM »

Well, it is finally my turn to get my four wisdom teeth surgically removed.  I only have 3.5 hours until I must start my complete fast.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day.   Tongue  Though I am not too worried, the use of a general anaesthesia has me on edge.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »

Lord have mercy!  I've just had one removed and it was taken out with just a novacaine shot.  I don't know why.  I'm sure you'll be O.K., but I understand your being a bit nervous.

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
sohma_hatori
Earthbending Novice
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate: Orthodox Metropolis of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia

The Blind Bandit

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 08:58:09 PM »

Lord have Mercy!

Dont worry, God will grant you gradual healing, I know He will, just take this burden to the Cross praying for you.

Again and Again in peace let us pray to the Lord!
Lord have Mercy!

God bless...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 08:58:31 PM by sohma_hatori » Logged

""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 09:15:19 PM »

Lord, have mercy! You'll be OK!!!

Love never fails.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:34:33 PM »

Lord have mercy.

I'm recovering from mine as I type this, so I definitely share your concerns. Anaesthesia's not bad, really. I sat in a chair, had an IV stuck in my arm, the doctor came in and said hello, and then I was out for about four hours straight with no memory of what happened. Next thing I knew, I was waking up in my bed at home. I hope the same for you.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 09:58:01 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers.

Anaesthesia's not bad, really. I sat in a chair, had an IV stuck in my arm, the doctor came in and said hello, and then I was out for about four hours straight with no memory of what happened. Next thing I knew, I was waking up in my bed at home. I hope the same for you.

I hope so too.   Tongue  Thanks.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
aquaticus

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:04:33 PM »

Its been 20 years since I had mine removed but I'll share what I recall. I had 5 wisdom teeth (still got 'em in a jar), 3 of which were impacted, so they knocked me out with sodium penathol. They asked me to count back from 100 and after 97 I was out for four hours and felt like I was hung over from a nasty night of drinking as the stuff wore off. I was out the door the same day with a scrip for codene to help the recovery. You'll undoubtedly be on soft foods for a few days but there are no real worries from the procedure.
God Bless, and be sure to tell your Priest for the necessary prayers.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 04:53:47 PM »

Well, I just got home from it and the computer nerd I am, I logged onto my laptop quickly.   Tongue  It went well.  My beard covers up most of the swelling.  Throat hurts a little and my jaw is really stiff.  Now I am just waiting for my cocktail of pills to kick in, LoL.

Again, thank you all for your prayers.   Smiley
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:54:24 PM by Friul » Logged

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

ΠΑΝΑΓΙΑ ΣΟΥΜΕΛΑ

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 05:43:15 PM »

Skip the pills, get permission from priest, go for the cocktails.  Wink

You'll be fine.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 07:09:30 PM »

Lord have mercy.  Try to keep ice on your face in 20 minute increments:  20 minutes on one side, then 20 minutes on the other.  It'll help keep the swelling down and that will keep the pain to a minimum.  I've been using that method with Mr. Y and he's recovering very well. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 07:37:19 PM »

Ooohh, man!  That Vicodin is real trippy, dude! Cool Kiss  Makes you feel nice and loopy, don't it?

Been there.  Done that.

Lord, have mercy.
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 11:33:42 PM »

Lord have mercy.  Try to keep ice on your face in 20 minute increments:  20 minutes on one side, then 20 minutes on the other.  It'll help keep the swelling down and that will keep the pain to a minimum.  I've been using that method with Mr. Y and he's recovering very well. 

Thank you.  Yup, I have these cold packs I've been able to alternate for 30 mins on, 30 mins off.  The anti-inflammatories and ice seem to be keep the swelling down, though my head still looks like a pumpkin.   Tongue

Ooohh, man!  That Vicodin is real trippy, dude! Cool Kiss  Makes you feel nice and loopy, don't it?

Been there.  Done that.

Lord, have mercy.

Oh it does,  Tongue.  Helps nicely with the healing process.   Cheesy

Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 01:08:48 PM »

Well, the swelling is down a lot, no buising, my painkiller dosage is down and the stitches are slowly dissolving... things are going well.   Grin
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:09:06 PM by Friul » Logged

EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 03:59:09 PM »

Yay!  I had a terrible time when I had mine out.  I was swollen, bruised, and in pain for about a week afterward.  Despite that, it was well worth it to stop having daily headaches. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Entscheidungsproblem
Protokentarchos

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 04:02:46 PM »

Yay!  I had a terrible time when I had mine out.  I was swollen, bruised, and in pain for about a week afterward.  Despite that, it was well worth it to stop having daily headaches. 

Mine were horizontally impacted in the bottom, so if I had waited much longer, I would have been in a real mess.   Tongue  Yesterday was probably the worst, it seems I finally rounded that hump.

ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »

Mine were horizontally impacted in the bottom, so if I had waited much longer, I would have been in a real mess.   Tongue  Yesterday was probably the worst, it seems I finally rounded that hump.
Yeah, mine were in the same situation. I had the surgery on a Wednesday, and Sunday was my worst. Monday, though, was the best day I had had up to that point, and I continued improving every day after. Today is Day 12, and I'm almost totally pain-free.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: