OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 10:38:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satan Invades Iran  (Read 812 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: August 06, 2007, 03:42:54 PM »

Iran Arrests 230 Youths Attending 'Satanic' Rock Concert

"Iran arrested more than 200 music fans at an underground rock concert that one official called a 'satanic' gathering and authorities accused the youths of breaking Islamic law. A witness said Sunday that police raided the concert as it was ending late Wednesday near the town of Karaj, some 30 miles west of the capital. 'Police detained the young people who had gathered to enjoy music in a private orchard,' said the witness, who requested anonymity for fear of government retaliation. The arrests come during a recent crack down on "immoral behavior" in Iran, where holding mixed parties or concerts without permission has been forbidden since the 1979 Revolution that brought hardline Shiite Muslim clerics to power..."

"By the way he dies as a human being he shows us what it is to be God." - Fr. John Behr
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »

Satan Invades Iran

Didn't he do that somewhere closer to the 7th century.... Oh that was Islam.  (Close enough).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 04:14:46 PM »

Didn't he do that somewhere closer to the 7th century.... Oh that was Islam.  (Close enough).

Yeah, and returned again in full force in 1979!

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 04:17:21 PM »

Yeah, and returned again in full force in 1979!

I guess he must be insecure about his strength there, which is why he is re-invading with Rock 'n Roll, the catalyst for so many great revolutions...

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Eleos
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Blessed is the Kingdom of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »

Thank for the article.  I wish I could have attended this show.  I wonder what songs were played and how well they were played by the various performers.  The article mentions the presence of drugs, alcohol and topless ladies too (oh, and 'topless' as in no headscarf, get your mind out of the gutter child of the great satan!).  I got a laugh that the concert promoters were inviting people to hear how "Devil Worshippers" perform music.  I hope they werent serious and were just being cheeky though.  We should never try to hide from the fact that "soul music something we can all relate too" -jurassic 5!

"The Unity of the Church, as Your Holinesses well know it, is the will of God and ought to be an inspiring example to all men. It should always be a help and not a hindrance to the unity of men of different religions."-Emperor Haile Selassie To the Conference of Oriental Orthodox Churches 1965
Tags: Satan  rock and/or roll  alcohol  immodesty 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: