Author Topic: 48th Foundation Anniversary of the City of Butuan (Philippines)  (Read 867 times)

Offline sohma_hatori

• Earthbending Novice
  • High Elder
  • The Blind Bandit
Today my humble city of Butuan celebrate its 48th chapter day (declaration of the town of Butuan as a city).

Please pray for the continued prosperity of my humble city. Please pray for its people, who are now going through difficult times. Also pray for our leaders that they mat realize that their position is to serve the people and not to corrupt our funds and our government.
Also pray that we will one day be exposed to Orthodoxy and that many will accept the True Faith, the True Church..

Please pray for my fellowmen...   :)

God bless...

In the Name of the Father, the Son an of the Holy Spirit...
""Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.""
— Iroh- Avatar:The Last Airbender

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
Re: 48th Foundation Anniversary of the City of Butuan (Philippines)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
For this parish and city, for every city and town, and for the faithful who live in them, let us pray to the Lord!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:34:17 AM by FrChris »
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: 48th Foundation Anniversary of the City of Butuan (Philippines)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:39:15 AM »
Lord, have mercy and enlighten them!
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.