OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 10:11:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divine Liturgy of St. John the Goldenmouth in every language - resource topic  (Read 15663 times) Average Rating: 5
CharalambisMakarios

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Considering Orthodoxy

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 11:24:13 PM »

Anyone have a Hebrew version? I saw a video clip of an Orthodox priest in Jerusalem who is of Jewish heritage celebrating the liturgy. The clip was of the Seraphic hymn, which is in Hebrew originally (Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord of Hosts, the earth is filled with His glory), so that was really cool
KostaC

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago & the Diocese of Washington (Orthodox Church in America)

Chicago River Dyeing, March 15th, 20

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 11:51:58 PM »

Anyone have a Hebrew version? I saw a video clip of an Orthodox priest in Jerusalem who is of Jewish heritage celebrating the liturgy. The clip was of the Seraphic hymn, which is in Hebrew originally (Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord of Hosts, the earth is filled with His glory), so that was really cool

I know exactly which videos you're talking about; I've watched them too many times already  Grin. The priest, Fr. Alexander, was from the Soviet Union, lived in Western Europe, then made Aaliyah. I'm not sure when he converted to Orthodox Christianity. If you'd like, I could Facebook message him and ask him if he has any copies of the Divine Liturgy of Saint John the Goldenmouthed in Hebrew.

«Μὴ μεριμνᾶτε λοιπὸν διὰ τὴν αὔριον, διὀτι ἡ αὐριανὴ ἡμέρα θὰ φροντίσῃ διὰ τὰ δικά της πράγματα. Φθάνει ἡ στεναχώρια τῆς ἡμέρας». Κατά Ματθαίον 6:34

"Bendito seja o que vem em nome do Senhor, o Senhor é Deus e se manifestou a nós."
CharalambisMakarios

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Considering Orthodoxy

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »

I know exactly which videos you're talking about; I've watched them too many times already  Grin. The priest, Fr. Alexander, was from the Soviet Union, lived in Western Europe, then made Aaliyah. I'm not sure when he converted to Orthodox Christianity. If you'd like, I could Facebook message him and ask him if he has any copies of the Divine Liturgy of Saint John the Goldenmouthed in Hebrew.

That would be really cool if you could do that. Best of luck!
Randa

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Non Sectarian

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2014, 12:27:52 PM »

Does anyone know if any of the Liturgies have been translated into either Turkish or Gaelic? If not, if there are any prayers translated into them I'd gladly take with thanks.

Turkish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL8uBEpxHkc
ifffam

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: France

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2014, 10:43:51 AM »

Peace to everybody;

just wanted to ask you whether you are aware of some site where to get the odes of St John of Damascus that are chanted during Easter (they are 9 or 10 odes), in the Slavonic liturgy, not Greek. Either free or not (free preferably Smiley ). Thank you,

ifffam
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »

Peace to everybody;

just wanted to ask you whether you are aware of some site where to get the odes of St John of Damascus that are chanted during Easter (they are 9 or 10 odes), in the Slavonic liturgy, not Greek. Either free or not (free preferably Smiley ). Thank you,

ifffam

Hi, and welcome! Smiley I did a search and found this link, to a Russian chant CD. Seems to be the odes of St. John.

https://www.liturgica.com/cart/musicInfo.jsp?catNo=AJ030
ifffam

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »

Thank you biro. It looks like it is the one I was looking for. Not exactly the same version I heard some tie ago, but in any case it is roughly like that. Thanks a lot and have a blessed weekend,

ifffam
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2014, 12:42:41 PM »

Thank you biro. It looks like it is the one I was looking for. Not exactly the same version I heard some tie ago, but in any case it is roughly like that. Thanks a lot and have a blessed weekend,

ifffam

Thanks, you too. Smiley
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2014, 10:09:01 AM »

Peace to everybody;

ifffam

There are a few versions, as Slavs are Russians, Ukrainians, Serbs, Bulgars. etc. And even e.g among Eastern Slavs a few types of arrangments for this canon are used.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7htN2BbiE - in my video you have a few various Slavic melodies used, so listen to it and say of which one you're interested. Then you can send me PM (it's my favourite hymn, so I have plenty recordings of it)

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
ifffam

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2014, 11:40:23 AM »

Dear Dominika,

thank you very much for your reply... indeed, I remember to have seen that video... long time ago! We sing the odes in our parish (catholic, in Strasbourg) during the 'Octave' of Easter (the first week of Easter), one each day, so at the end we've almost sung the whole set of nine (in French!). And it is actually the very first version of your video, what we sing... the first 1/2 minute of it. If you've got the rest, I'd be very interested. Thank you for what you could do!
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2014, 11:45:02 AM »

Peace to everybody;

ifffam

There are a few versions, as Slavs are Russians, Ukrainians, Serbs, Bulgars. etc. And even e.g among Eastern Slavs a few types of arrangments for this canon are used.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7htN2BbiE - in my video you have a few various Slavic melodies used, so listen to it and say of which one you're interested. Then you can send me PM (it's my favourite hymn, so I have plenty recordings of it)

The one beginning at 1:50 was always sung by our choir. Nice video.
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »

Dear Dominika,

thank you very much for your reply... indeed, I remember to have seen that video... long time ago! We sing the odes in our parish (catholic, in Strasbourg) during the 'Octave' of Easter (the first week of Easter), one each day, so at the end we've almost sung the whole set of nine (in French!). And it is actually the very first version of your video, what we sing... the first 1/2 minute of it. If you've got the rest, I'd be very interested. Thank you for what you could do!

I have the whole version of it Smiley So just write me PM with your e-mail and I'll send you it

The one beginning at 1:50 was always sung by our choir. Nice video.

Thank you Smiley However, I prefer much more the byzantine sets for this canon Wink They're more misterious for me, more deep, and, what maybe some people find paradoxical, more joyous. And that's a pity that at my parish there are used two Eastern Slavic arrangments (and not old ones as znamiennyj raspev): the one you said it's sung by your choir and what's in 2:56 (but sung faster). Every year I'm waiting that the choir would sing evne just one hirmos in proper melody... Sad

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2014, 05:05:38 PM »

Actually, during the actual Paschal.Matins the Canon is chanted in the Rusyn chantstyle as found on the audio tracks here on this CD: http://www.musicarussica.com/compact_discs/i-046

Rusyn plainchant is derived from the pre Nikonian Znammeny "Southwestern" variation. http://www.synaxis.info/krylos/4b_triod_tsetnaja/paskha/Pascha_Canon_settings.html

The choir would sing each of the Paschal Odes in Vedel' s composition sequentially during the blessing of baskets, back in the day when the lawn  or church hall would be full. Links to the choral music are here: http://saintmichaels.info/litmusiceaster.html
Tags: liturgy Divine Liturgy 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: