OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 06:00:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divine Liturgy of St. John the Goldenmouth in every language - resource topic  (Read 14291 times) Average Rating: 5
CharalambisMakarios

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Considering Orthodoxy

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 11:24:13 PM »

Anyone have a Hebrew version? I saw a video clip of an Orthodox priest in Jerusalem who is of Jewish heritage celebrating the liturgy. The clip was of the Seraphic hymn, which is in Hebrew originally (Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord of Hosts, the earth is filled with His glory), so that was really cool
KostaC

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago & the Diocese of Washington (Orthodox Church in America)

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 11:51:58 PM »

Anyone have a Hebrew version? I saw a video clip of an Orthodox priest in Jerusalem who is of Jewish heritage celebrating the liturgy. The clip was of the Seraphic hymn, which is in Hebrew originally (Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord of Hosts, the earth is filled with His glory), so that was really cool

I know exactly which videos you're talking about; I've watched them too many times already  Grin. The priest, Fr. Alexander, was from the Soviet Union, lived in Western Europe, then made Aaliyah. I'm not sure when he converted to Orthodox Christianity. If you'd like, I could Facebook message him and ask him if he has any copies of the Divine Liturgy of Saint John the Goldenmouthed in Hebrew.

«Μὴ μεριμνᾶτε λοιπὸν διὰ τὴν αὔριον, διὀτι ἡ αὐριανὴ ἡμέρα θὰ φροντίσῃ διὰ τὰ δικά της πράγματα. Φθάνει ἡ στεναχώρια τῆς ἡμέρας». Κατά Ματθαίον 6:34
CharalambisMakarios

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Considering Orthodoxy

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »

I know exactly which videos you're talking about; I've watched them too many times already  Grin. The priest, Fr. Alexander, was from the Soviet Union, lived in Western Europe, then made Aaliyah. I'm not sure when he converted to Orthodox Christianity. If you'd like, I could Facebook message him and ask him if he has any copies of the Divine Liturgy of Saint John the Goldenmouthed in Hebrew.

That would be really cool if you could do that. Best of luck!
Tags: liturgy Divine Liturgy 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: