Author Topic: Page Not Found Screen  (Read 1269 times)

Offline TinaG

• I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
  • High Elder
  • If only my family were this normal !
    • Cometh at Midnight Blog
Page Not Found Screen
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:09:51 AM »
I'm having a weird problem since yesterday, both from my office computer and from my home computer.  When I post a reply I am getting a "Page Not Found" screen.  I thought I'd lost the connection or timed out, but when I go to the main Forum page, my post or reply has made it.  Any ideas?
On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.

Offline TinaG

• I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
  • High Elder
  • If only my family were this normal !
    • Cometh at Midnight Blog
Re: Page Not Found Screen
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:35 AM »
I just ran a test post and again the page pops up "Page Cannot Be Displayed" but my test post did go through.
On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Professor Emeritus, CSA
  • Merarches
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:17:45 AM »
I've had this same problem. Never has a post not posted, but I'm always taken to the white screen of death. I have to back up and then refresh to see my post.
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 11:03:44 AM »
I'm having a weird problem since yesterday, both from my office computer and from my home computer.  When I post a reply I am getting a "Page Not Found" screen.  I thought I'd lost the connection or timed out, but when I go to the main Forum page, my post or reply has made it.  Any ideas?

I've been having this same problem on and off for quite some time now...but as my posts go though it hasn't really bothered me. I just make sure I copy my post to the clipboard before posting, just incase.
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »
I've had something similar, but not "Page Not Found" Screen, but simply a completely white screen.  My posts always go through though.

God bless.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Merarches
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 12:51:49 PM »
^

I've had the blank one at times, too. Funny, the only time I've not had this problem is when posting on this thread.
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 04:23:17 PM »
I seem to get it once in a while.  It doesn't seem to correspond with a time of day for me.  :-\  All the posts go through though.
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Merarches
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:22:33 PM »
UPDATE: I haven't had this problem at all since last Thursday, on either computer I use to post. If anyone fixed something, thanks; if not, I guess it fixed itself.