OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 11:54:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Page Not Found Screen  (Read 1202 times) Average Rating: 0
TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

If only my family were this normal !

« on: July 11, 2007, 10:09:51 AM »

I'm having a weird problem since yesterday, both from my office computer and from my home computer.  When I post a reply I am getting a "Page Not Found" screen.  I thought I'd lost the connection or timed out, but when I go to the main Forum page, my post or reply has made it.  Any ideas?

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

If only my family were this normal !

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:35 AM »

I just ran a test post and again the page pops up "Page Cannot Be Displayed" but my test post did go through.

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:17:45 AM »

I've had this same problem. Never has a post not posted, but I'm always taken to the white screen of death. I have to back up and then refresh to see my post.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 11:03:44 AM »

I'm having a weird problem since yesterday, both from my office computer and from my home computer.  When I post a reply I am getting a "Page Not Found" screen.  I thought I'd lost the connection or timed out, but when I go to the main Forum page, my post or reply has made it.  Any ideas?

I've been having this same problem on and off for quite some time now...but as my posts go though it hasn't really bothered me. I just make sure I copy my post to the clipboard before posting, just incase.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »

I've had something similar, but not "Page Not Found" Screen, but simply a completely white screen.  My posts always go through though.

God bless.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 12:51:49 PM »

^

I've had the blank one at times, too. Funny, the only time I've not had this problem is when posting on this thread.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 04:23:17 PM »

I seem to get it once in a while.  It doesn't seem to correspond with a time of day for me.  Undecided  All the posts go through though.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:22:33 PM »

UPDATE: I haven't had this problem at all since last Thursday, on either computer I use to post. If anyone fixed something, thanks; if not, I guess it fixed itself.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: