OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 11:50:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding a Patron Saint  (Read 8627 times) Average Rating: 0
soulsanchor

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2007, 07:36:03 PM »

Asteriktos,
Thank you. St.Thomas the Apostle proved to all who have not seen that Lord and God is amoung us. Also, Thomas proved to all that our beloved Mary, Theotokos, was raised from her tomb, the tomb was empty.

By being late to Marys' funeral, St. Thomas met Mary in the sky on her way to Heaven Mary handed Thomas her cincture ,which may be at Mount Athos or somewhere nearby-I'm told.

So God used Thomas in two very important events in early christian history. Proof of Christs' Resurrection & Theotokos Bodily Assumption into heaven. I would think that these are two most important events that this follower of Christ took part in. Of course, St Thomas did great works in India also, such as the story of King Gundafor of India of which Thomas was sold into the Kings' service.

As it goes, King Gundafor sent his agent Abban to locate and hire a highly skilled architect. Abban came upon Jesus who sold St. Thomas to Abban, for three pounds of silver.The bill of sale saying "I Jesus, son of Joseph the carpenter, do sell My slave Thomas to Abban."

So you see, St. Thomas is very special to me. And I thought that I would ask if anyone  would share any other stories of St. Thomas. 
Thanks!
Thom

Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »

Great stories! Very inspirational.

By the way, welcome, new members! Very glad to have you here!
Tags: saints Patron Saints 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: