OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 05:25:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Take Their Guns?  (Read 1045 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« on: May 17, 2003, 07:35:17 PM »

I've more or less supported what has gone on in Iraq for the past few months, but I must admit that I totally disagree with the confiscation of guns, and cannot conceive of a possible reason to do it. Those who wish to kill American soldiers will always have guns, just like those who wish to kill American cops will always get ahold of guns. Newer, tougher gun laws have not put much of a dent into gun fatalities (relatively speaking), and the situation in Iraq is greatly more complicated and chaotic.

Joe: 'Is it creepy for a 35 year old guy to date a 19 year old girl?'
Desiree: 'Not if she's the one to push for the relationship, babe.'
Joe: 'But...'
Desiree: 'You'll shut up if you're smart.'
Joe: 'Ok.'
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 09:44:18 PM »

I agree with you. Those who turn them in will tend to be those who are already cooperating with Coalition forces. Those who don't will be supplied and resupplied with weapons from outside Iraq.

Let's pray for the day when all Muslims turn to the Lord Jesus Christ and forsake the false religion that has enslaved them.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2003, 09:45:02 PM by Linus7 » Logged

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
anektarios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 11:25:31 AM »

This isn't really a replly to this post, but I have a question related to Orthodox perspective on the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership. Does the Orthodox Church have a stand on the 2nd Amendment, or on Orthodox Christians (including clergy) owning firearms? I am especially curious about this in the case of clergy.

First, please do not cross-post the same thing in multiple threads.  Second, please read the forum rules, which prohibit political discussion in the public fora. ~Veniamin, Free-for-All Moderator
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:50:52 AM by Veniamin » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: