Author Topic: Should gay people hate Christians ?  (Read 314 times)

Gamliel, Volnutt (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mikeforjesus

• OC.net guru
Should gay people hate Christians ?
« on: Yesterday at 12:38:54 AM »
If you are really gay you should not hate Christians who simply do not believe being gay is possible
You know the truth about you. That you have never had a attraction to opposite sex
Have you tried to turn to Christ and let him fix the deviations and let you have proper attraction to opposite sex ?
If the Christian does nothing to exclude you from life why is there hate ?
The Christian should not be a coward and must confess if asked if unrepentant gays can go to heaven he must say according to the scripture no even if he is hated

Offline FinnJames

• Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
Re: Should gay people hate Christians ?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:53:23 AM »
No one should hate anyone. Forgiveness is necessary both for good of the person who wrongs one and for the good of one oneself. This is both a spiritual and a medical fact.

Offline wgw

• Protokentarchos
  • The above Syriac icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Syriac Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 02:30:02 AM »
No; neither should Christians hate gay people.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Άγιος κέιθ ο Υμνογράφος και Μελωδός, να μας σώσει!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Russo-Finn Orthodox Church Outside Spain
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 04:42:34 AM »
There are lots of people that hate Christians, regardless of their sexual proclivities.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline mikeforjesus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 05:45:58 AM »
Thanks for your replies

Offline Svartzorn

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek A.Diocese of B. Aires & S. America
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:42:42 AM »
It would be proper to ask that in a gay forum, not here.
Death to the world.

Offline WPM

• Revolutionary Writer
  • Archon
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 09:20:58 AM »
Just because someone on the internet said so? ...

Offline Mountain

• Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 11:04:25 AM »
We are so quick at judging homosexuals because they practice their unlawful sex, and yet, many heterosexual Christians practice unlawful sex with their girlfriends/boyfriends, or whatever, and we think that is not much of a big deal, and even though God made it clear that both of these groups will burn in hell.

If we want to focus on telling homosexuals that they should not practice their sexual life, then first we should tell heterosexual Christians that they must respect the sacrament of marriage.
"It is over! The fortress is taken! What can man do against such reckless hate?"

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 12:37:57 PM »
whatever hapened to "hate the sin, but love the sinner"? that saying goes for straight people, and gay people alike. Gay people shouldn't hate Christians, but homosexuals should hate some of the sins committed towards them like anger, unforgiveness, violence, murder, cussing at them, etc. Likewise Christians shouldn't hate the homosexuals, but they shouldchate sin of sodomy, and tell them the truth in love, when gay people ask Christians what is Holy Tradition stance on these issues.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:48:00 PM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 12:51:24 PM »
Something I have encountered among many gay people is a sense of downright contempt for all things religious, but especially for the Christian religion. This isn't surprising as many churches, especially evangelical churches, have failed to welcome those with same-sex attraction, making gay individuals feel like outcasts.

On the other hand, I think many of these people are extrapolating from their own very limited experience with religion - a baptist Church in a small town in Mississippi is going to very different from, say, an Orthodox or Catholic parish in Boston. Additionally, many of these individuals simply don't want anyone telling them that they are required to practice temperance or chastity, and so confirmation bias plays a large role in the way they experience and describe religious communities. Of course, this is the kind of temptation to which anyone one of us might be prone. Messy world.
My posts no longer forum here.

Offline Alpo

• Lying Chalcedonian Liar
  • Merarches
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 01:46:36 PM »
Something I have encountered among many gay people is a sense of downright contempt for all things religious

Fixed.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 01:51:32 PM »
Something I have encountered among many gay people is a sense of downright contempt for all things religious

Fixed.

You make a good point, it's not just homosexual folks that have a hatred of religion, it's all kinds of people, hench the rise of the nones.

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 05:34:53 PM »

Fixed.

You make a good point, it's not just homosexual folks that have a hatred of religion, it's all kinds of people, hench the rise of the nones.

True. But there seems to be particularly virulent form of this hatred in the gay community.
My posts no longer forum here.

Offline FinnJames

• Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
« Reply #13 on: Today at 03:10:02 AM »

Fixed.

True. But there seems to be particularly virulent form of this hatred in the gay community.

Rather than slinging accusations at gay people as a faceless mass, perhaps one could take a moment to give a thought to (maybe even thanks for) the countless members of the gay community who do not hate religion in general or Christianity in particular and who play an active role in the life of their church local, maybe even yours--even Roman Catholic or Orthodox.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:10:50 AM by FinnJames »