Author Topic: Persecution of Copts in Egypt  (Read 73361 times)

Offline RaphaCam

• Archon
  • New Martyr Elizabeth
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: Persecution of Copts in Egypt
« Reply #495 on: May 27, 2016, 03:37:02 PM »
If we in the West get a heavy heart for hearing these news, I can't imagine what it's like for you who have such strong bonds with that region. Lord, have mercy!
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 90:1)

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #496 on: May 29, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »
Lord have mercy, am I wrong to be cynical that anything will be done to protect the Copts?  I think one of the problems is that this tends to happen after these folks, who are attacking the Copts get riled up after Friday prayers at the mosques.

Offline Musashi

• 主、憐れめよ !
  • Elder
  • GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
    • The Orthodox Church in Japan (belongs to church)
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: J A P A N
« Reply #497 on: May 29, 2016, 09:54:00 AM »
Lord have mercy
What are those people thinking?  :'(
Can't Egypt goverment protect all people fairly?
主や、爾の民を救い、爾の業に福を降し、吾が國に幸いを與へ、爾の十字架にて爾の住所を守り給え -TROPARION OF HOLY CROSS-

Offline Tonedawg

• Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox
« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
Lord have mercy, am I wrong to be cynical that anything will be done to protect the Copts?  I think one of the problems is that this tends to happen after these folks, who are attacking the Copts get riled up after Friday prayers at the mosques.

That's exactly what happens, people get riled up after Friday services!
“How needful the human being is of service of the spirit, in an age where materialism, atheism, apostasy and deviant intellectual trends prevail. How needful people are to see Christ in our lives and to smell His sweet fragrance in us." St. Kyrillos (Cyril) VI

Offline Balthasar

• Elder
« Reply #499 on: May 31, 2016, 05:30:37 PM »

This news made me sad and very angry, I was thinking she could be my mother  :( >:(
May the evils burn in hell!

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
« Reply #500 on: June 14, 2016, 03:12:59 PM »

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2016, 03:23:38 PM »
Christian girls kidnapped, forced to marry and convert to Islam:

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/egypt.christian.girls.kidnapped.forced.to.marry.and.convert.to.islam/88241.htm

Sadly there been stories like this for a while, then the Muslims deny it, and say these girls converted to Islam, and "the Copts are the extremist", real nice bunch of these folks these kidnappers are  ::)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:24:09 PM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
« Reply #502 on: June 22, 2016, 11:47:16 PM »
Egyptian mob reportedly burns 80 Christian homes on rumor of new church

An angry crowd of Muslims reportedly looted and burned the homes of 80 Christian families in an Egyptian village Friday after rumors circulated that they wanted to build a church.

Christian media reported the violence taking place in the village of Qarayat al Bayda, near Alexandria, quoting witnesses who claimed police did little to protect them. The alleged violence began after noon prayers, when a throng of Muslims gathered in the front of a home being built, Mousa Zarif told International Christian Concern.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06/22/egyptian-mob-reportedly-burns-80-christian-homes-on-rumor-new-church.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:48:20 PM by Salpy »

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #503 on: June 23, 2016, 02:12:56 AM »
Maybe some Coptic Orthodox here can give us info how the Egyptian State authorities are dealing with Coptic Christians, it seems no matter who in charge, there always the case of police standing by doing nothing.

Offline Tonedawg

« Reply #504 on: June 24, 2016, 05:07:25 PM »
Maybe some Coptic Orthodox here can give us info how the Egyptian State authorities are dealing with Coptic Christians, it seems no matter who in charge, there always the case of police standing by doing nothing.

Most of them don't do anything. Either they ignore their warnings of impending attacks or ignore their pleas as attacks are taking place. It's pathetic to say the least!
“How needful the human being is of service of the spirit, in an age where materialism, atheism, apostasy and deviant intellectual trends prevail. How needful people are to see Christ in our lives and to smell His sweet fragrance in us." St. Kyrillos (Cyril) VI

Offline Olivia

• Vivo Christo Rey!
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Philadelphia
« Reply #505 on: June 24, 2016, 07:38:49 PM »
Lord have mercy.
This is something cute and innocent.

Offline Tonedawg

« Reply #506 on: June 30, 2016, 11:38:22 AM »
Coptic priest Fr. Raphael Mussa was gunned down in Sinai, Egypt today. Lord have mercy.
http://egyptianstreets.com/2016/06/30/coptic-christian-priest-killed-in-egypts-north-sinai-by-gunmen/

Offline Seekingtrue

• Elder
  • Excuse me which level of hell is this?
« Reply #507 on: June 30, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »
Lord have mercy

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #508 on: June 30, 2016, 01:15:48 PM »
Continued prayers to our Coptic brothers, and sisters. It never seems to end for you folks.

Offline Tonedawg

« Reply #509 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:29 PM »
A Coptic Nun, Mother Athnasia, from Saint George covenant in old Cairo was shot on her way to Saint George covenant in khataba. The murder is being called "accidental" as she was struck by a "stray bullet" in between two, or possibly more, individuals who were shooting at each other.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #510 on: July 05, 2016, 04:08:35 PM »
A Coptic Nun, Mother Athnasia, from Saint George covenant in old Cairo was shot on her way to Saint George covenant in khataba. The murder is being called "accidental" as she was struck by a "stray bullet" in between two, or possibly more, individuals who were shooting at each other.

Lord have mercy, such a tragedy where do you find all this info about the persecution of the Coptic Christians?  I need to talk to my priest, and see that if I can have his premission to cover persecution of the Copts, despite me being in the Greek Church, maybe even write about in the newsletter of our Church about persecution of Middle East Christians, and maybe raise money to help these folks.

Offline Balthasar

• Elder
« Reply #511 on: July 05, 2016, 07:50:25 PM »

Very sad!

Can anyone explain to me why Coptic Christian applications for asylum are turned down in countries like Germany? A friend of mine just told me over the phone all the Copts he knows are told to leave Germany. This is unbelievable, isn't it!?

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #512 on: July 05, 2016, 08:01:25 PM »

Very sad!

Can anyone explain to me why Coptic Christian applications for asylum are turned down in countries like Germany? A friend of mine just told me over the phone all the Copts he knows are told to leave Germany. This is unbelievable, isn't it!?

It amazing, it seems Western countries are opposed to Eastern Christian asylum seekers, while opening the flood gate for Muslims , who will change and transform Europe, and the United States forever.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:02:09 PM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline Tonedawg

« Reply #513 on: July 06, 2016, 02:55:29 AM »

Lord have mercy, such a tragedy where do you find all this info about the persecution of the Coptic Christians?  I need to talk to my priest, and see that if I can have his premission to cover persecution of the Copts, despite me being in the Greek Church, maybe even write about in the newsletter of our Church about persecution of Middle East Christians, and maybe raise money to help these folks.

Facebook and Twitter! I know people that know people as well! This death seems accidental but it's really hard to believe it. A young Coptic pharmacist, 33, was found dead without his head, in Egypt as well. I personally thought things were getting better with Sisi in charge, but it seems not even he can change the amount of prejudice and hatred against Copts in that country. Our hope is in Christ alone.

Offline juliogb

• Elder
« Reply #514 on: July 06, 2016, 07:48:07 AM »

Very sad!

The same is happening with ukrainian orthodox and greek ukrainian catholics displaced families fleeing the civil war in Ukraine. Apparently, european authorities are comited to the multiculturalism and the salafist agenda, they are enemies of the western civilization and enemies of christianity.

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
« Reply #515 on: July 08, 2016, 10:28:54 PM »
Syndicated News
Muslims Burn Down Christian Homes in Egypt As Warning Not to Build New Church
By Alix Culbertson
http://www.express.co.uk
Posted 2016-07-08 17:28 GMT

The horror attack on at least four Coptic Christian homes in the Kom el Loofy village in Samalout, Upper Egypt, happened despite the landowner, Coptic man Ashraf Khalaaf, signing papers at a police station promising he would not use his property as a place of worship.

http://www.aina.org/news/20160708132836.htm

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #516 on: July 08, 2016, 11:38:26 PM »

Very sad!

The same is happening with ukrainian orthodox and greek ukrainian catholics displaced families fleeing the civil war in Ukraine. Apparently, european authorities are comited to the multiculturalism and the salafist agenda, they are enemies of the western civilization and enemies of christianity.

It seems the western elites have abandoned Christianity in the favor of multiculturalism, while literally having there heads in the sand concerning Fundamentalist Islam.

Offline juliogb

• Elder
« Reply #517 on: July 21, 2016, 07:16:31 AM »

Very sad!

It seems the western elites have abandoned Christianity in the favor of multiculturalism, while literally having there heads in the sand concerning Fundamentalist Islam.

It is quite bizarre to see 'liberal' people completely blind about islamic fundamentalism, the only one in this area I see concerned with this issue is Bill Maher (I am not a fan, but in my limited view of US personalities is the only one that I know), the rest of the 'liberal' establishment just pretend that jihadism doesn't exist.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #518 on: July 22, 2016, 11:42:55 AM »

Very sad!

It is quite bizarre to see 'liberal' people completely blind about islamic fundamentalism, the only one in this area I see concerned with this issue is Bill Maher (I am not a fan, but in my limited view of US personalities is the only one that I know), the rest of the 'liberal' establishment just pretend that jihadism doesn't exist.

Yeah Bill Mayer is brave on this issue, not a fan of a lot of what he says, but on this issue he sees the threat, and I have to give him kudos for shutting down this one person trying to compare Christianity to Islam, that was decent of him, considering he no fan of Christianity but he understands he can co-exsit in peace with Christians.

Offline CoptoGeek

• of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #519 on: July 26, 2016, 09:42:35 AM »
"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #520 on: September 10, 2016, 08:49:30 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/05/09/egyptian-youth-face-trial-for-insulting-islam-by-making-fun-isis/

Four Egyptian kids who dared make fun of ISIS in a harmless video are headed for trial along with their teacher on charges of "insulting Islam," after their Muslim neighbors got hold of the footage and went to police.

Aged between 15 and 16, the youths could face up to five years in a youth detention center – while the teacher would serve any sentence he receives in prison – if the court finds them guilty of violating Egypt’s blasphemy law, Egypt-focused activists say.

ISTANBUL, Turkey (Morning Star News) – Sentenced to prison in Egypt for allegedly insulting Islam in a video, four Coptic teenagers who had taken refuge in Turkey for months on Thursday (Sept. 1) flew to Switzerland to seek asylum.

In exclusive interviews with Morning Star News, the boys said they made their video before the release of the Islamic State (IS) mass execution video they were said to be mocking, and that at the time they had never even heard of the group.

Sentenced to five years in prison, the boys fled Egypt in April and, with the backing of Christian and human rights organizations, lived in secret for five months in a safe house in Istanbul. Two weeks ago, each was granted a humanitarian visa “under special circumstances” to Switzerland, where they will seek asylum.

http://morningstarnews.org/2016/09/coptic-teenagers-sentenced-to-prison-in-egypt-for-defaming-islam-in-video-flee-to-switzerland/

These kids deserve better.  I for one am very happy they made it out to freedom from the stupid tyranny of the bigots of my homeland.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:52:29 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline wgw

• Protokentarchos
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #521 on: September 11, 2016, 06:09:44 PM »
Praise be to God!
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline Diego

• Faith: Lutheran LCMS
  • Jurisdiction: Iowa District West
« Reply #522 on: September 11, 2016, 07:18:10 PM »
I shall be perfectly blunt & say the following, & mean it when I do: I think ALL Christian Churches, Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran, Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East, & Trinitarian Protestant should join together & declare a final Crusade against the Mohammedan curse in our world. They will NEVER give up until they have taken over the world. We should think likewise & force them to submit EVERYWHERE. Force them into unconditional surrender, & dictate terms, 1 of which will be NO CONVERSIONS! They can grow only by birth rate. I know I sound harsh, but I'm tired of them being such a menace to the planet.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #523 on: September 11, 2016, 10:48:56 PM »
I know I sound harsh, but I'm tired of them being such a menace to the planet.

This is when you no longer follow the gospel of Christ, but the way of the world.  2000 years the Coptic Church suffered martyrdom, and the message that seems to come back is the Church never tires from suffering, but rejoices in them.

I may be human enough to air my frustration, but I try my best NEVER to abandon the gospel of Christ in your statements.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Diego

• Faith: Lutheran LCMS
  • Jurisdiction: Iowa District West
« Reply #524 on: September 11, 2016, 10:53:35 PM »
I know I sound harsh, but I'm tired of them being such a menace to the planet.

This is when you no longer follow the gospel of Christ, but the way of the world.  2000 years the Coptic Church suffered martyrdom, and the message that seems to come back is the Church never tires from suffering, but rejoices in them.

I may be human enough to air my frustration, but I try my best NEVER to abandon the gospel of Christ in your statements.

Sir, I give you more credit than I give myself. You are a kinder, and perhaps better man, than I.