Author Topic: Persecution of Copts in Egypt  (Read 62593 times)

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
    • Facebook - A Bíblia Ilustrada
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Church of Poland - Archeparchy of Brazil
Re: Persecution of Copts in Egypt
« Reply #495 on: May 27, 2016, 03:37:02 PM »
If we in the West get a heavy heart for hearing these news, I can't imagine what it's like for you who have such strong bonds with that region. Lord, have mercy!
Only-begotten Son and Logos of God, being immortal, you condescended for our salvation to take flesh from the holy Theotokos and ever-virgin Mary and, without change, became man. Christ, our God, you were crucified and conquered death by death. Being one with the Holy Trinity, glorified with the Father and the Holy Spirit: save us.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #496 on: May 29, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »
Lord have mercy, am I wrong to be cynical that anything will be done to protect the Copts?  I think one of the problems is that this tends to happen after these folks, who are attacking the Copts get riled up after Friday prayers at the mosques.

Offline Musashi

• 主、憐れめよ !
  • Elder
  • GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
    • The Orthodox Church in Japan (belongs to church)
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: J A P A N
« Reply #497 on: May 29, 2016, 09:54:00 AM »
Lord have mercy
What are those people thinking?  :'(
Can't Egypt goverment protect all people fairly?
主や、爾の民を救い、爾の業に福を降し、吾が國に幸いを與へ、爾の十字架にて爾の住所を守り給え -TROPARION OF HOLY CROSS-

Offline Tonedawg

• Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox
« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
Lord have mercy, am I wrong to be cynical that anything will be done to protect the Copts?  I think one of the problems is that this tends to happen after these folks, who are attacking the Copts get riled up after Friday prayers at the mosques.

That's exactly what happens, people get riled up after Friday services!
“How needful the human being is of service of the spirit, in an age where materialism, atheism, apostasy and deviant intellectual trends prevail. How needful people are to see Christ in our lives and to smell His sweet fragrance in us." St. Kyrillos (Cyril) VI

Offline Balthasar

• Elder
« Reply #499 on: May 31, 2016, 05:30:37 PM »

This news made me sad and very angry, I was thinking she could be my mother  :( >:(
May the evils burn in hell!

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
« Reply #500 on: June 14, 2016, 03:12:59 PM »

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2016, 03:23:38 PM »
Christian girls kidnapped, forced to marry and convert to Islam:

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/egypt.christian.girls.kidnapped.forced.to.marry.and.convert.to.islam/88241.htm

Sadly there been stories like this for a while, then the Muslims deny it, and say these girls converted to Islam, and "the Copts are the extremist", real nice bunch of these folks these kidnappers are  ::)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:24:09 PM by seekeroftruth777 »

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
« Reply #502 on: June 22, 2016, 11:47:16 PM »
Egyptian mob reportedly burns 80 Christian homes on rumor of new church

An angry crowd of Muslims reportedly looted and burned the homes of 80 Christian families in an Egyptian village Friday after rumors circulated that they wanted to build a church.

Christian media reported the violence taking place in the village of Qarayat al Bayda, near Alexandria, quoting witnesses who claimed police did little to protect them. The alleged violence began after noon prayers, when a throng of Muslims gathered in the front of a home being built, Mousa Zarif told International Christian Concern.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06/22/egyptian-mob-reportedly-burns-80-christian-homes-on-rumor-new-church.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:48:20 PM by Salpy »

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
« Reply #503 on: June 23, 2016, 02:12:56 AM »
Maybe some Coptic Orthodox here can give us info how the Egyptian State authorities are dealing with Coptic Christians, it seems no matter who in charge, there always the case of police standing by doing nothing.

Offline Tonedawg

• Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox
« Reply #504 on: June 24, 2016, 05:07:25 PM »
Maybe some Coptic Orthodox here can give us info how the Egyptian State authorities are dealing with Coptic Christians, it seems no matter who in charge, there always the case of police standing by doing nothing.

Most of them don't do anything. Either they ignore their warnings of impending attacks or ignore their pleas as attacks are taking place. It's pathetic to say the least!
“How needful the human being is of service of the spirit, in an age where materialism, atheism, apostasy and deviant intellectual trends prevail. How needful people are to see Christ in our lives and to smell His sweet fragrance in us." St. Kyrillos (Cyril) VI

Offline Olivia

• Viva Christo Rey!
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Philadelphia
« Reply #505 on: June 24, 2016, 07:38:49 PM »
Lord have mercy.