OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 09:43:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recipe for incense  (Read 1393 times) Average Rating: 0
Mattheos

I'm a llama!

« on: May 15, 2003, 12:40:58 AM »

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you could direct me to or supply me with a recipe for making incense (not the oriental or herbal stuff).

Thanks

Mattheos   Wink

NULL
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 03:04:31 AM »

I don't have any directions I can give you except perhaps to get involved with a monastery where they produce incense. Ask the monks or nuns if they can show you. Can I ask why you are interested? Is it just out of curiosity or do you intend making it yourself?

Personally, I have enough difficulty approaching the making of prosfora with a proper humble and prayerful attitude. I think I'd only go as far as producing my own charcoal powder for the burning of incense.

John.
Mattheos

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 07:26:42 PM »

Hi John

I want to know so I can make some myself. I would give up on the prosphoro and leave it to the female of the house (if possible). I want to learn to make incense so I can use it for my own use and then perhaps produce some so my parish can sell it for fundraising.

If you have any idea how to make the charcoal for burning incense then please let me know.

Mattheos

NULL
Tags: incense 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: