OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 09:03:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archbishop Christodoulos of Greece  (Read 1700 times) Average Rating: 0
Apostolos
Protopentekaidekarchos
Elder

Faith: Christian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Greece

« on: June 14, 2007, 04:05:10 PM »

Archbishop Chtistodoulos of Athens and Primate of the Church of Greece (67), underwent a delicate 4-hour operation today (June 14), after tests revealed that he was suffering from a narrowing of the intestinal tract. The director of the Aretaieon Hospital in Athens, prof. Christodoulos Stefanades, reported that the surgery was successful. Unfortunately, during the operation, doctors discovered liver disease-related symptoms, thus a liver biopsy performed & liver tissue was sent to a laboratory for examination. Please pray for a prompt recovery & that the tests will prove that his eminence does not have cancer

Eis polla Eti Despota
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 04:05:58 PM by Apostolos » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5JWZlpfBA
St. John Papadopoulos "The Koukouzelis"
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 04:59:24 PM »

Signore, abbi pietà.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:40:27 PM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:39:33 PM »

Kyrie Eleison!
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 07:57:59 AM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Apostolos
Protopentekaidekarchos
Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 03:33:08 PM »

ARCHBISHOP RECOVERING

Christodoulos due to be moved out of intensive care today

Archbishop Christodoulos, the head of the Church of Greece, will remain in intensive care at the Aretaion Hospital in Athens for an extra day, doctors said yesterday. The hospital’s director, Christodoulos Stefanades, told Kathimerini that the archbishop was being kept in the intensive-care unit solely for precautionary reasons and is due to be moved to a regular room today. Ecumenical Patriarch Vartholomaios, Christian Orthodoxy’s spiritual leader (sic), is due to visit Christodoulos today. The archbishop underwent surgery for an intestinal problem on Tuesday. Stefanidis said that it is normal for patients who have undergone this procedure to stay in the hospital for at least eight days.

http://www.ekathimerini.com

« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 03:34:15 PM by Apostolos » Logged

Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 05:56:40 PM »

Gloria a Dio.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 06:46:20 PM »

This man needs all the prayers he can get simply because he is in a hospital in Greece. Greek hospitals are notorious breeding grounds for infections. If the third rate surgeouns don't kill you, the aftercare will. It's like being in a hospital in the third world.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:47:10 PM by TomS » Logged
Apostolos
Protopentekaidekarchos
Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 08:04:28 AM »

This man needs all the prayers he can get simply because he is in a hospital in Greece. Greek hospitals are notorious breeding grounds for infections. If the third rate surgeouns don't kill you, the aftercare will. It's like being in a hospital in the third world.

Thank you for your kindness, for your kind thoughts & especially I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your concern

Apostolos
Protopentekaidekarchos
Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »

Greek Orthodox church leader suffers relapse

July 02, 2007 9:57 AM

ATHENS, Greece-The leader of Greece's Orthodox Church was readmitted to intensive care Monday after doctors said his health had deteriorated.

Archbishop Christodoulos, 68, was hospitalized on June 9 for intestinal surgery and diagnosed with cancer on June 21.

On Monday, doctors at the state-run Aretaieon hospital said they had removed fluid from his digestive tract.

Elected Church leader in 1998, Christodoulos has been visited in hospital by Greece's prime minister and president.

Innocent_T

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 04:45:41 PM »

Doctors at the Aretaio Hospital, where Archbishop Christodoulos is being treated for cancer, said yesterday that they have begun contacting specialized centers abroad to “exchange opinions” on the best treatment for the head of the Church of Greece. Doctors removed fluid from Christodoulos’s digestive tract yesterday but said that there had been no significant change in his condition and that Christodoulos continues to receive medication. The archbishop spent a few hours in the intensive-care unit as a result of the procedure.

Reading this I hope they also contacted "The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center" for advice. I was working for them the last 6 years and know that they are for a reason the #1 cancer center in the world. MD Anderson is known for treating a lot of foreigners that come over here...

Keeping vladika in my prayers...

Torsten

Rdr. Innocent, a sinner
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 08:36:29 AM »

Saturday morning, after the Liturgy for the Synaxis of the Apostles, those gathered decided on the spot to pray on behalf of Archbishop Christodoulos.

It was something quite unexpected and unplanned, and quite touching as well.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Apostolos
Protopentekaidekarchos
Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »

Reading this I hope they also contacted "The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center" for advice. I was working for them the last 6 years and know that they are for a reason the #1 cancer center in the world. MD Anderson is known for treating a lot of foreigners that come over here...

Keeping vladika in my prayers...

Torsten

Unfortunately, news are not well. The last 24 hours, his eminence has shown alarming symptoms of Ascites (10-12 lt of fluid) due to the Liver cancer. Two prominent German doctors arrived today for an emergency medical meeting with the Aretaieon doctors. Professor Andreas Tzakis is also expected to arrive here by mid-july to discuss the next steps for his eminence's treatment with the attendant doctors. Please keep his eminence in your prayers.   

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: