OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 04:06:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Alone" in my faith  (Read 9013 times) Average Rating: 0
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2007, 07:30:56 PM »

Dear Father Chris, again, thank you so much. I will, I will try. Kissing your right hand, --H-man Smiley

Love never fails.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 11:58:53 PM »

I think it's comforting to go back to the famous formula "God became man so that man might become God."  If all the Orthodox Christians were putting this through practice, there would be no atheism.  It gives a whole new meaning to "lights of the world and salts of the earth."  We don't prove God's existence by arguments, even though they're entertaining and somewhat helpful, but most importantly we live God and we have God in us.  No greater proof for the atheist and agnostic than to see the God in you.

God bless you.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »

Mina, thank you! --G

Love never fails.
Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »

I think it's comforting to go back to the famous formula "God became man so that man might become God."  If all the Orthodox Christians were putting this through practice, there would be no atheism.  It gives a whole new meaning to "lights of the world and salts of the earth."  We don't prove God's existence by arguments, even though they're entertaining and somewhat helpful, but most importantly we live God and we have God in us.  No greater proof for the atheist and agnostic than to see the God in you.

God bless you.

Blessed!

Thanks you..

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: