OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 12:06:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Church in local news  (Read 903 times) Average Rating: 0
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Moderated
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« on: June 11, 2007, 12:53:28 AM »

St. John the Baptist, a GOA Church here in the Omaha area was recently featured on the local news.  It's a beautiful church and if anyone is ever out here I would definitely suggest you come in to see it.  The article that accompanies the video has one major glaring error in that there are 4 Orthodox Churches in Omaha--1 GOA, 2 Antiochian (Eastern and Western Rite), 1 Serbian.

http://www.ketv.com/news/13474664/detail.html

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 09:44:24 AM »

I'm assuming the eight churches meant that other denominations were also in the tour including the Orthodox one.  I did get a chuckle out of this line: "The temple was a real synagogue built in 1907," with real Jews and everything. 
Must, be a younger writer.

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: