OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 12:42:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Are ROCOR Different?  (Read 5829 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:02 PM »

ROME, ROMA, and ROMANZ?

Something smells fishy and yet I haven't been on a boat for several weeks.

ROMA? That name wouldn't fly.  Really?  I suspect the netodox know not the historic lack of love and fellowship between the "Csigany" and the "Rusnaci" of Pennsyldoxia..... Cheesy
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »

ROME, ROMA, and ROMANZ?

ROMA? That name wouldn't fly.  Really?  I suspect the netodox know not the historic lack of love and fellowship between the "Csigany" and the "Rusnaci" of Pennsyldoxia..... Cheesy

Methinks the Csigani have been unloved by most, if not all, non-Csigani, no matter where they live.  Wink  Sad
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:37:47 PM by LBK » Logged
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:31 AM »

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2013, 10:52:53 AM »

ROME, ROMA, and ROMANZ?

ROMA? That name wouldn't fly.  Really?  I suspect the netodox know not the historic lack of love and fellowship between the "Csigany" and the "Rusnaci" of Pennsyldoxia..... Cheesy

Methinks the Csigani have been unloved by most, if not all, non-Csigani, no matter where they live.  Wink  Sad

Seriously though, the late Archbishop John of the  Orthodox Eparchy of Presov gave his blessing to his eparchy's sponsorship of a children's home in Medzilaborce, Slovakia. (Medzilaborce is the ancestral village of the 20th century pop artist Andrew Warhol.) The Home is a rarity in Slovakia, providing a safe refuge to abused and neglected Roma and mixed Slovak/Roma children in a loving and Orthodox setting. The current Bishop of Presov was previously the chaplain to the home for several years before being elected Bishop last year. So not all is without love and hope - sometimes dogs and cats can work together under God's careful watch. Our parish has had a long standing relationship with the home, providing funds and needed items over the years.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:54:10 AM by podkarpatska » Logged
Tags: ROCOR  Antiochian 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: