OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 08:23:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: icons, icons, icons  (Read 916 times) Average Rating: 0
Linichka

« on: June 03, 2007, 03:02:13 AM »

Please, does anyone on this forum collect icons, or know a collector who might be interested in the wealth of icons I need to sell?  Forgive me for entering what could be construed as a commercial topic.  I am an Orthodox widow, destitute except for my collection, which spans everything from gold-embossed antique Russian icons to the tiny Bulgarian handheld icons, and inclusive of many holy subjects rarely depicted, such as St. John the Merciful.  I cannot seem to rebuild a life here and therefore must relocate where I might be gainfully employed.  However, I need to fund such a move and have only this rich, beloved collection to sell.  Thus far, I have exhausted every alternative which I can conceive of on an international level.  As I live in Israel, locals are uninterested.

I would welcome contact with any here who might be interested.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 08:37:59 AM »

Linichka,

Please contact Deacon Nikolai and Asteriktos, as they both were in the position of needing to divest themselves of similar items recently.

Usually, we do not permit OC.net to be used to solicit offers for icons or other religious items. For this reason I am locking this thread, but both these posters will be able to give you advice on this matter---other sites to help advertise what you're needing to sell, maybe setting up an international PayPal account, etc.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: