OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 04:25:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar complaint  (Read 2475 times) Average Rating: 0
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: October 27, 2003, 12:25:41 PM »

Where do you live now?

Bobby

PS The llama is just a default image. You can change it.

WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE THE DEFAULT IMAGE BLANK INSTEAD?!?!?
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 12:34:41 PM »

chill man. what got you all fired up?
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 12:37:07 PM »

It's called a life, a job, school, a girl, and family. The board is last on my list. Sorry.

Bobby
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 01:13:49 PM »

Elisha,

Please do not yell at us.  We purposely gave you a little X box thing since you were opposed to the llama.  To rewrite the code when you are the only person complaining about the llama is not on the top of our priorities.  Just like Angela hankered NICELY for some time to get her Scottish flag and Bobby complied, if you persistently polite we will try to get that request.  But do not throw all caps messages at us, please.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 01:14:16 PM »

chill man. what got you all fired up?

...the fact that you STILL can't/won't/etc. make the avatar have a 'no avatar' option.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 01:19:20 PM »

Elisha,

Please do not yell at us.  We purposely gave you a little X box thing since you were opposed to the llama.  To rewrite the code when you are the only person complaining about the llama is not on the top of our priorities.  Just like Angela hankered NICELY for some time to get her Scottish flag and Bobby complied, if you persistently polite we will try to get that request.  But do not throw all caps messages at us, please.

anastasios

If you want, I can search all posts and compile a list of all the posters who have complained (I think it is at least a half dozen, maybe closer to a dozen).  There are many other message boards with the same format that don't have a problem with having 'no avatar' as an option.  If you've put an official announcement out, I've never seen it.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 01:23:28 PM »

Well we are not "other message boards" and you can search all the archives as long as you want.  It won't change the fact that we do this site for free, pay for it out of our own pockets except when some members give us donations, and have more pressing things to do than fix avatars.  You know, we spend hours a week on this board moderating wackos, fixing server problems so our site doesn't crash, etc.  I haven't seen you say, "hey thanks for all that."  Maybe you have and I don't remember. But your all-caps, yelling messages drown that out.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 01:27:52 PM »

HERE YOU WANT YOUR DARN NO AVATAR OPTION...

ILL HAVE IT FIXED TOMORROW.

Bobby
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 01:31:23 PM by anastasios » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 01:30:45 PM »

I split the topic so our friend the original question asker would not be derailed.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 01:31:30 PM »

It amazes me that some people have so much time to waste over things seemingly so insignficant.

Anyway, YOU'RE MOST CERTAINLY WELCOME ELISHA. I am glad to be of service to your needs.
Justinianus
Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 01:34:55 PM »

Bobby and Anastasios, thank you for you efforts running the forum.  I appreciate your work.  I am a moderator for a forum of a hobby of mine and know what the job entails.

"If we truly think of Christ as our source of holiness, we shall refrain from anything wicked or impure in thought or act and thus show ourselves to be worthy bearers of his name.  For the quality of holiness is shown not by what we say but by what w
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2003, 01:38:22 PM »

Thanks Justinianus for the feedback!

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Karamazov
Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2003, 02:18:17 PM »

I wish to express heartfelt thanks to our volunteer moderators and administrators for their tremendous labour of love.  It is too easy to take them for granted.  MANY YEARS!   MNOHAYA LITA!

BOILERGUY
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2003, 03:15:12 PM »

I very much appreciate the effort you guys put forth to moderate this message board.  As has been pointed out many times, it is difficult to convey tone/emotion in one's posts on a message board.  Even though I wrote in caps, I meant it in more of a light-hearted manner - I'm not THAT grumpy this morning.

My point with the avatar, besides as a comparison to other boards, is also due to the fact that:  1) many of you have made special requests for their specific avatars and the mods have accomodated 2) the llama didn't exist up until a recent point in time, so I don't see why it has to exist now and 3) probably as many if not more have complained/commented/questioned about it as have made special requests, so I don't see why it is an issue/special request/time consuming as anything else.  ISTM to be an issue, like that dirty dish laying around that just needs to be picked up - do it already, it just takes a second.

I hope I have made myself clear.  Cheers everyone. Smiley
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2003, 04:17:15 PM »

Elisha,

Thank you for clarifying your position.

The reason it "is now" but "wasn't before" is because of the upgrade we recently did.

We'll try to get it done as soon as possible but I can guarantee you it doesn't just "take a second." :-)

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: