OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 04:04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hong Kong Authorities Ponder Labeling Bible 'Indecent'  (Read 1038 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: May 16, 2007, 10:32:27 PM »

Hong Kong Authorities Ponder Labeling Bible 'Indecent'

"Residents of the city are calling for an 'indecent' label for the Bible, saying the text contains passages that are too gory for young eyes, Reuters reports..."

While the story at first strikes me as silly, and I wouldn't support the government interfering in a case like this, I'll admit that there are certainly portions of the Bible that I wouldn't want my children reading.

"By the way he dies as a human being he shows us what it is to be God." - Fr. John Behr
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:23:51 PM »

Sounds like some people need to stop protecting children and start teaching them reality. Much of history and reality is 'gory', so people (not only the Chinese, but also many Americans), need to accept that fact and get over it.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »

Hey GIC, you should consult some local developmental psychologists, and see if you can't get your theory of child-rearing off the ground. You could call it Acute Reality Inculcation Blitzkrieg (ARIB). Tongue

"By the way he dies as a human being he shows us what it is to be God." - Fr. John Behr
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 12:04:36 AM »

Sounds like a good idea Grin

Censorship is unacceptable in any form and for any age group. Freedom has a proven track record.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: