Author Topic: Jerusalem Patriarchate  (Read 2270 times)

Offline orthodoxlurker

• Supporter & Defender of Fr Ambrose (Irish Hermit) - banned
  • OC.net guru
  • al-Saabir yaraa al-Hurriyah
Jerusalem Patriarchate
« on: May 13, 2007, 01:49:12 PM »
Something is happening in Jerusalem Patriarchate again.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3399378,00.html
Hashemite Kingdom revokes recognition of Theofilos III, claiming he failed to act on pledge to annul unsanctioned church property sale to Israel
http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_politics_100018_12/05/2007_83361
A meeting in Jerusalem yesterday between Greece’s Orthodox Patriarch Theophilos and the Palestinian Christian Affairs Council was described by patriarch officials as “constructive.”

I've heard roumors that Patriarch Irineos I, discharged under false accusations in 2005 will be back as Jerusalem Patriarch.
Curse the Pope, for he is the root and cause of these disasters! - St. Nektarios of Aegina

You don't get to circumvent your post moderation by calling out the moderators in your signature. ~Veniamin, Global Moderator

Offline Simayan

• Site Supporter
  • High Elder
Re: Jerusalem Patriarchate
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 07:21:45 PM »
I wish Israel would just take all those places over. Then we wouldn't need to consent of 3 different nations.

Yes, I'm a warhawk. Lol.
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, nor mourning nor crying nor suffering, for the old order of things has passed away."

Offline scamandrius

• Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek in exile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:23:55 PM »
I wish Israel would just take all those places over. Then we wouldn't need to consent of 3 different nations.

Yeah, then the Patriarchate would exchange three tyrannical, dictatorial regimes looking over it for only one!  Each one of those nations has separate agenda and wants to use the Patriarchate for its own ends.  Separation of church and state--God bless America!  :D
I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene

Offline arimethea

• Getting too old for this
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Does anyone really care what you think?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 12:16:09 AM »
The reality is that only Israel should have to give consent since they are the ones who control Jerusalem and traditionally and historically the Patriarchate of Jerusalem was limited to just the city and it's immediate surrounding area.
Joseph