OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 08:36:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerusalem Patriarchate  (Read 2200 times) Average Rating: 0
orthodoxlurker
Supporter & Defender of Fr Ambrose (Irish Hermit) - banned
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian - NOT a phanariote
Jurisdiction: Serbian Patriarchate under siege

al-Saabir yaraa al-Hurriyah

« on: May 13, 2007, 01:49:12 PM »

Something is happening in Jerusalem Patriarchate again.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3399378,00.html
Hashemite Kingdom revokes recognition of Theofilos III, claiming he failed to act on pledge to annul unsanctioned church property sale to Israel
http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_politics_100018_12/05/2007_83361
A meeting in Jerusalem yesterday between Greece’s Orthodox Patriarch Theophilos and the Palestinian Christian Affairs Council was described by patriarch officials as “constructive.”

I've heard roumors that Patriarch Irineos I, discharged under false accusations in 2005 will be back as Jerusalem Patriarch.

Curse the Pope, for he is the root and cause of these disasters! - St. Nektarios of Aegina

You don't get to circumvent your post moderation by calling out the moderators in your signature. ~Veniamin, Global Moderator
Simayan
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate - GOA

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 07:21:45 PM »

I wish Israel would just take all those places over. Then we wouldn't need to consent of 3 different nations.

Yes, I'm a warhawk. Lol.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, nor mourning nor crying nor suffering, for the old order of things has passed away."
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:23:55 PM »

I wish Israel would just take all those places over. Then we wouldn't need to consent of 3 different nations.

Yeah, then the Patriarchate would exchange three tyrannical, dictatorial regimes looking over it for only one!  Each one of those nations has separate agenda and wants to use the Patriarchate for its own ends.  Separation of church and state--God bless America!  Cheesy

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 12:16:09 AM »

The reality is that only Israel should have to give consent since they are the ones who control Jerusalem and traditionally and historically the Patriarchate of Jerusalem was limited to just the city and it's immediate surrounding area.

Joseph
Tags: Palestine Patriarchate 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: