Author Topic: Study Doesn't Back Abortion-Cancer Link  (Read 790 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Study Doesn't Back Abortion-Cancer Link
« on: April 30, 2007, 04:49:13 AM »
Study Doesn't Back Abortion-Cancer Link

"A Harvard study released Monday supports earlier findings by a panel of experts that having an abortion doesn't increase a woman's risk of getting breast cancer..."

_________

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but this story has me a bit confused. Despire the opening line and title, the article still says: "What evidence shows is that childbearing before the age of 35 reduces a woman's breast cancer risk". If this speaks of carrying the baby to term (or at least for a few months), wouldn't abortions cut short that healthy process, and thus effect the chances of getting cancer, albeit indirectly? So, if I understand what they're saying, while the abortion might not directly increase the chances of getting cancer, it will nonetheless eliminate a process that would help reduce the chances, so that the end result is still a higher chance of getting cancer?  But, again, maybe I'm missing something.
"Fear not to follow with pious feet the corpse of Hafiz, for though he was drowned in the ocean of sin, he may find a place in paradise." - Hafez