OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 09:59:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Study Doesn't Back Abortion-Cancer Link  (Read 478 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: April 30, 2007, 04:49:13 AM »

Study Doesn't Back Abortion-Cancer Link

"A Harvard study released Monday supports earlier findings by a panel of experts that having an abortion doesn't increase a woman's risk of getting breast cancer..."

_________

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but this story has me a bit confused. Despire the opening line and title, the article still says: "What evidence shows is that childbearing before the age of 35 reduces a woman's breast cancer risk". If this speaks of carrying the baby to term (or at least for a few months), wouldn't abortions cut short that healthy process, and thus effect the chances of getting cancer, albeit indirectly? So, if I understand what they're saying, while the abortion might not directly increase the chances of getting cancer, it will nonetheless eliminate a process that would help reduce the chances, so that the end result is still a higher chance of getting cancer?  But, again, maybe I'm missing something.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: