OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 06:51:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for my family  (Read 1029 times) Average Rating: 0
hopenfaith

« on: April 15, 2007, 09:56:37 PM »

Please pray for my family and I as we desperately need it at this time...a few months back my husband lost his job for telling the truth about something that he caught his employer doing  Sad, ever  since then we've been barely keeping a float on bills. He was able to finally find a good job just recently but our electric bill is due and we didn't except for the electric company to raise their rates on everyone...We asked for  an extension because we have children and cant afford to not have electric but they said if we pay a large amount of the bill  that they would  put us on a plan called budget billing which  sounds like it will work for us, that's all they said they could do for us at this time, So we have to pay a large amount or be disconnected.. I've contacted agencies and they all say that if I come up with the whole amount that they can help with the last 20 dollars... I contacted our church and other churches from all around us and either funds are low or they give to another agency. We tried to see if family would help but our families just feel like if they just stall us out that someone else in the family will come through and then they don't have to help which is sad because my husband and I have done alot for our families... please pray for us and give us strength, we have so much faith but are we so tired.. Seems like when things start to go into the right direction something pulls us back.. Please pray for us that we can get this bill paid and that things will start to get better... Take care and God Bless
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »

Please pray for us

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 10:15:42 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 10:16:12 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Trudy

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 11:02:25 PM »

Dear hopenfaith,

I'm new here so hope I'm posting a response in the right manner and am not offending someone by my words.  My sister has been in the same situation as you.  There are several things you can try.

Step One:  Call the local Catholic Social Services in your area.  They may be able to help you.

Step Two:  Just pay as much as you can on the electric bill.  Don't call them.  Don't ask them what to do.  Just pay a little bit and see what happens.  In the meantime...

Step Three:  Apply for welfare.  When a family is on welfare and declared low income, the utility companies cannot shut of the utilities, especially if there are children in the home.  (At least, this is what my sister discovered).

I hope this helps in some small way.

May God bless you and your family.  May He keep you safe and warm, and provide for all your needs.  May He provide the necessary funds to pay this bill.  Lord have mercy!  Lord have mercy!  Lord have mercy!

In Christ, Athanasia

He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?  Micah 6:8
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 11:30:11 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 12:33:04 AM »

Lord have mercy.

You should really look into the local Catholic Social Services, like Trudy said.  The vast majority of the people they assist are non-Roman Catholic and they have a good record of assisting people.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: