OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 02:37:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akathist Translations  (Read 799 times) Average Rating: 0
Bl. Leonid Feodorov

« on: April 14, 2007, 03:46:25 PM »

What is your favourite translation of the Akathist to the Theotokos?  Why?

Also, I seem to remember reading the first Ikos of said Akathist in a translation made by the Jordanville monks other than that which is found in the Jordanville Prayer Book.  I have been unable to find it since, & if anyone knows where it is, please share your knowledge.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 03:47:25 PM by Bl. Leonid Feodorov » Logged

"Since the moment I gave myself to the Catholic Church my sole thought has been to bring back my country to that Church, which I believe is the only true Church."

- Bl. Leonid Feodorov
xuxana
babygirl

Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

i♡ΙΧΘΥΣ!

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 06:59:22 PM »

i love, love, LOVE the translation by hieromonk seraphim dedes  because its using contemporary english & its what we used for great lent @ church  but i am so used to my jordanville that its what i do for compline every night now.  its just a habit, i guess.

i alternate between the jordanville  and the theotokos of the inexhaustible cup , and akathist to jesus christ for a loved one who has fallen asleep.

the latter one is amazing.  the inexhaustible cup i use for several issues like depression & eating disorders.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 07:00:00 PM by xuxana » Logged

Ephesians 6:10-18
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: