OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 04:43:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I knew the Bee Gees were evil!  (Read 1204 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« on: April 11, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6543503.stm

The lakeside Tennessee home of late country music superstar Johnny Cash has been destroyed in a fire.

It burned down on Tuesday while renovations were being carried out for its new owner, Bee Gee Barry Gibb.

The interior of the house, in Hendersonville, Tennessee, was used in the video for Cash's final hit, his 2002 cover of Nine Inch Nails' Hurt.

Cash and his wife, June Carter Cash, lived in the house from 1968 until their deaths, months apart, in 2003.

'Sanctuary and fortress'

The cause of the fire has not yet been identified. According to the Associated Press news agency, one firefighter was hurt tackling the blaze.

The agency said the fire spread quickly because construction workers had recently applied a flammable wood preservative to the exterior of the house during renovations.

After a few hours, little remained of the house except its stone chimneys.

"So many prominent things and prominent people in American history took place in that house - everyone from Billy Graham to Bob Dylan went into that house," country singer Marty Stuart, a neighbour, was quoted as saying by AP.

"It was a sanctuary and a fortress for him," Stuart said. "There was a lot of writing that took place there. The Folsom Prison prison record came from there, the San Quentin record, The Holy Land, the Man in Black book came from there."

Another neighbour, Richard Sterban of country and gospel band, the Oak Ridge Boys, is quoted by the AP news agency as saying the fire may be "the good Lord's way to make sure that it was only Johnny's house".

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:56:14 AM »

I kind of like Sterban's take on things.  It's sad that it burned down, but it was only Johnny's house.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 11:01:35 AM »

I kind of like Sterban's take on things.  It's sad that it burned down, but it was only Johnny's house. 

True.  It would have been nice if it were made into a museum (which would have been good for the local economy).  I can't imagine the home of the Man in Black being occupied by a Bee Gee.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 12:06:47 PM »

Cleveland,

It actually took a devastating fire of this magnitude to convince you that the Bee Gees were this evil?

Talk about a naive seminarian... Roll Eyes

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 12:18:25 PM »

Cleveland,

It actually took a devastating fire of this magnitude to convince you that the Bee Gees were this evil?

Talk about a naive seminarian... Roll Eyes 

I just needed more concrete evidence than just my gut feeling to go on.  This isn't proof that they're evil, just evidence piled on top of an already-compelling case.

---------------------
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: