OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 12:49:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home pysanky  (Read 898 times) Average Rating: 0
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« on: April 04, 2007, 02:02:58 PM »

Anyone else make their own pysanky?  I started doing it this year and I'm really really enjoying the process and, of course, the finished product.  I very much look forward to doing this with my children someday.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 03:04:05 PM »

You are truly a renaissance man.  Cheesy  I have a child but not the patience for it. I might add that kids have even less patience; however, that said, they are truly beautiful creations and if you've got the patience --- have at it!  Wink

Oh, while at my local Slavic foods store shopping for Easter Kolbasi, I  saw a pysanky kit that invloved shrinking a plastic wrap over the egg. Looks fake and it makes the egg hard to crack.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 03:11:50 PM »

Patience in doing something is definitely one virtue I do possess.  If only I could have it when dealing with people! Wink

I remember using those shrink wrap pysanky kits when I was little.  My mother, who did pysanky the old fashioned way with her Christian Mothers group, thought it was a good way to get me started. 

Then she stopped doing it (she always had too much going on hobby-wise and had to give something up or my father and I just wouldn't get fed) and, as a result, I never got to learn.  She's very excited, though, to see what I've done and, as usual, I'm excited to show her, as well.

I'm the only one who got the craft gene, you see. Smiley

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: