OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 09:58:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wish decision  (Read 1487 times) Average Rating: 0
calligraphqueen
Elder

Faith: GOA

« on: March 27, 2007, 05:27:34 PM »

Our family, specifically our daughter with Rett, has been granted a "wish" from an organization.  We haven't accepted it yet, it's still in processing and we are awaiting an interview.

I have to try and demonstrate what would be a wish for my 4yo daughter that hasn't spoken since she was 18mo old!  She cannot communicate, and she gets weaker every year.  It has been suggested that I make a wish that will bring our whole family some healing from this ordeal, and create some good memories.  Most folks go to disney, but we aren't disney folks.  i have to deal with this on my own, my dh is so buried under money concerns that all he can thing of is the tires he needs to pass inspection or the front porch that needs repaired.

I am so tired myself, ended up in the ER last week due to pulled muscle in the chest wall (couldn't breathe) We can't find answers for my health issues just yet, so there is so much stress in our household.  This "should" be a good opportunity, but I am worried about make a "wrong" decision.
Pray I do the right thing, the best thing for Heather and our whole family.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 05:54:44 PM »

Calligraphqueen,

My prayers join yours.

I am so sorry you are under such pressures. Please know that I wish you and yours only the best, and that I will do my best to help you and your family. For now it is prayer, and you can always PM me for any prayers that you might not want to put on the forum.

Lord have mercy on all Your servants!

+Fr Chris

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:29:07 PM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »

Lord have mercy, and make this wish an opportunity for healing, strength, and love!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »

My prayers are with you and your family... Lord have mercy on your servants!

DRM

hmmmm...
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:29:52 PM »

I have to try and demonstrate what would be a wish for my 4yo daughter that hasn't spoken since she was 18mo old!  She cannot communicate...

Well, does she seem attracted to something? A special stuffed animal, maybe a TV character? Is there some object that she seems to respond too?

Most folks go to disney, but we aren't disney folks.  ...

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I thought this was for HER? With all compassion, this is not about "you folks"; It is about what your child might respond too. There is a huge amount of stimulation at Disney and similar parks.

You also have other small children. Are they "not disney folk's" either? Or is this just the conclusion that the 2 adults in the family have decided? Maybe you should ask them if they would like to go to Disney? Not many children I know would say "No" to that choice.

I can only offer advice. My prayers are worthless.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:49:08 PM by TomS » Logged
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 11:05:28 PM »

I pray for your family's health.  May this "wish"  bring much needed joy in this time of suffering and sorrow.

juliana
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 11:26:41 PM »

May God help you. You are in my prayers.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 03:19:58 PM »

Hear the prayers of your people O Lord.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
calligraphqueen
Elder

Faith: GOA

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 09:13:01 PM »

we are to be interviewed this weekend, and I was hoping that once Holy Week and Pascha were over my dh would be more helpful. He is just as unsure as I am.  We are just so weary, I ended up in the ER after pulling a muscle in my chest wall.  From picking up this special child, no less.
Pray as I figure out what is best for Heather and her special relationships with her sibling.  Her last words were to say my name and her favorite brother's name.  He doesn't seem as connected as he used to be, probably because he cannot figure out how to be connected to her.  Yesterday she played with us, and interacted  a little like she used to.  It was a very special moment I have to hold on to dearly.
Rebecca
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: