OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 02:40:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May "Site of the Month" - FatherAlexander.org  (Read 1236 times) Average Rating: 0
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« on: May 06, 2003, 10:05:51 PM »

The May OrthodoxChristianity.net "Site of the Month" winner by a large marjority is www.fatheralexander.org.  FatherAlexander.org is a comprehensive gathering of spiritually edifying articles in English, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish defending and educating all on the teachings of the Orthodox Church.  

The site is maintained under the supervision of Bishop ALEXANDER (Mileant) of the Russian Church Abroad, who also edits the articles on the site.  As you may know, we do not promote the winner until we have received a message declaring their acceptance of the award.  The very busy Bishop ALEXANDER was kind enough to send me this message:

Dear David,

Christ is Risen!

Greetings to you from Buenos Aires where I will stay till the end of May.

Thank you for nominating my site www.fatheralexander.org as the winner of the month!

Of course you are welcome to post a banner to my web site as suggested in your email.

Regretfully it will be almost impossible to me to participate in any discussion groups because I am absolutely swamped by work I am doing and by other commitments I have.

However, I wish you success in your missionary work. May God bless you and all those who work with you!

With love in Christ,

Bishop Alexander

It is good to receive Bishop ALEXANDER's archpastoral blessing for the work of OC.net.  While often times our community here is more of a case of friends talking amongst themselves, I think we have borne some fruit and Godwilling will continue to bear fruit.  

If anyone wants to link to a particular article they enjoy, feel free.  There are so many on the site it can be intimidating for a new visitor to know where to begin!  Once again, congratulations to www.fatheralexander.org as the winner of the May 2003 OC.net "Site of the Month" award!

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Frobie
Quasi Vero Monaco
High Elder

Rublev's Trinity

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 10:34:59 PM »

What a wonderful letter! I know we all like to hang out and stuff on the board, but that's part of what mission is about. You would listen to your friend about Orthodox Christianity much more than the guy on the street or even an Orthodox academic writing. Of course, we need the serious stuff, too. As our friend Serge likes to say, "Let a thousand flowers bloom!"

Matt
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 01:37:12 PM »

Thats cool he replied to you given that he is a very busy man.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 07:40:25 PM »

Great selection!

It was really wonderful of the Bishop to send such a nice acceptance letter. :clapper:

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: