OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 03:22:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oily Miracle in Sydney  (Read 855 times) Average Rating: 0
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« on: April 05, 2007, 01:28:19 AM »

Oily 'miracle' in Sydney's west
By Lillian Saleh

April 04, 2007 12:30am
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21502300-421,00.html

THE head of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese in Australia yesterday advised people who think a Sydney house that weeps oil is a hoax should see it first before casting judgement.

Archbishop Paul Saliba said God had many ways of revealing himself and he had no doubt that was what was happening in Guildford, in Sydney's west.

Thousands of people have been flocking to the home of George and Lina Tannous after oil and ash started appearing in the bedroom of their late son Mike.

"I've been there many times and we cannot pinpoint exactly what's happening. It is miraculous," Father Saliba said.

"Our church policy is that people have to look and see for themselves and make up their own minds and this takes time.

"When the people of the church come to a conclusion, then the church will comment."

Mike, 17, was killed instantly after he lost control of his car and crashed just 200m from his family home on September 9, last year.

His father George said his wife Lina first spotted the oil on their son's bedroom wall 40 days after his death.

"My wife saw something shining on the wall like a diamond over his bed," he said.

"Only my wife saw it and there were 15 of us in the room with her. She touched it and all of a sudden oil started appearing on the walls and it hasn't stopped. This is a big miracle. I can't explain it."

Mr Tannous said two weeks before his death, Mike, a Year 11 student, dreamed he had died and was shown heaven by the Virgin Mary.

"My son always believed in God. He always had God in his heart," Mr Tannous said.

"I open the door for everyone. We don't ask anyone for money or take any money. We are doing this for God," Mr Tannous said.

Today Tonight has this week featured the Tannous family home in Bowden St, Guildford. Their "scientific" tests on the oil proved inconclusive.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:27:17 PM »

If this is a Heavenly sign - Glory be to God!   If not, then their priest and congregation have a lot of praying to do.

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 03:47:04 PM »

george have you seen this house yet??

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: