OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 15, 2014, 09:08:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oriental-Eastern Dialogue?  (Read 810 times) Average Rating: 0
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« on: May 04, 2003, 09:12:45 PM »

What is happening with the rapproachment efforts between the Eastern and Oriental communions? I haven't seen any news of late. The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese website has a video of the EP speaking at length about this. Also, I recall that Moscow is studying the proposed agreement separately (which is fine) and that the Orthodox Church of Georgia wants to reject it (not surprising given the history between Georgians and Armenians).--BUT I've read nothing of late.
This is the ONLY Ecumenical effort I support and I have a keen interest in all the Church in the "East" being in full communion.
Aristocles, sinner and , maybe, dreamer....

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 08:06:08 PM »

...I haven't seen any news of late...

Maybe in 2016 when the thrice-orthodox and all-orthodox Council takes place they'll set up a commission or something... Huh
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: