OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 10:57:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Video of an Ordination to the Priesthood  (Read 2175 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: February 20, 2007, 10:03:02 PM »

I just thought I'd link these two very short videos of a recent ordination of a Coptic Orthodox priest in the U.S., for anyone interested. The first is part of the vow, and the second is the part of the consecration:

Part of the vow: http://youtube.com/watch?v=aQsG3k_mano
Part of the consecration: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Oh5RBxFsUY

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:07:31 PM »

I just realised that the two videos linked to above are in fact of the ordination of Raouf: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=49

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 11:28:36 PM »

Wow!  That is so cool!  He'll be a great priest.

Raouf

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 02:26:56 PM »

Dear Friends,

Greetings to you from the monastery of St. Bishoi in Wadi El Natrun Egypt. I am almost half-way through my 40 days...

I have very limited access to email/internet but I wanted to drop a quick note to say thank you for the nice comments about my ordination.

Please remember me in your prayers! I hope to share some experiences of my 40 days when I return to the USA, God willing.

In Christ,

Fr. Kyrillos

Flog your enemies with the Name of Jesus and let the remembrance of Jesus be present with each breath. - St. John Climacus
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:16:07 PM »

Abouna Kyrillos,

Axion ke dikeon!

It’s such a joy to hear from you so soon. I hope you're having a blessed preparation in the holy monastery of St. Bishoy; pray for us, and plead for St. Bishoy’s intercessions on our behalf before his holy relics.

I concur with Salpy; having listened to a few of your sermons, I think you will do an excellent service for the Church in the diaspora. I hope we have a growing number of ordinations of persons like yourself.

Stavro
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 10:44:28 PM »

Is there a link for the sermons of Abona Kyrillos ?

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
EkhristosAnesti
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 11:13:46 PM »

Abouna Kyrillos gave a great sermon (as Deacon Raouf Ibrahim) which is relevent to the theme of Temptation Sunday of the Great Lent (that we just passed a couple of days ago) which may be downloaded here:

http://www.coptichymns.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sermons&file=index&q=f&f=%2FEnglish%2FDeacon_Raouf_Ibrahim%2FTemptation

He is an excellent speaker, but I am most drawn to his effective and versatile use and application of the Fathers.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:16:37 PM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 03:49:05 PM »

Axios Axios Axios

Peniot Kyrillos Piepresveteros!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Raouf

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 04:38:42 PM »

Hi,

This is Abouna Kyrillos' wife. He asked me to post a quick note for him since he has limited access from the monastery. He says to thank you all for the kind comments. Several of his sermons as a deacon are available on the website of St. Demiana's church. www.stdemiana.com. Click on audio. Also on the website, you can see a few pictures of Abouna in Egypt and we will be adding more as they become available.

He asks you all to keep him in your prayers.

Thank you and God bless,

Shereen Ibrahim

Flog your enemies with the Name of Jesus and let the remembrance of Jesus be present with each breath. - St. John Climacus
Tags: really cool priest Coptic Orthodox Church Ordination sermon online 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: