OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 12:57:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick again...or is it still sick?  (Read 855 times) Average Rating: 0
aurelia
High Elder

« on: March 02, 2007, 09:56:57 AM »

Couple of weeks ago I had something nasty...flu with no fever, basically..ok, really bad cold with horrible deep cough.  It cleared up...sorta.  Now it's back and i feel like I am gonna keel over (sooooo tired).  The neighbors developed pneumonia, my daughters friends dad has pneumonia, I used to get it a lot as a kid, but I dont remember what the signs are to go in to get checked for it, especially as I have no health insurance and this would be out of pocket. 

So...I'm trying to keep up the liquids, and I actually found a bottle of expectorant cough formula that I had to sign for...but it has real like pseudoephdrine in it!!!!  Allergies are bad too, there is so much dust in here and it doewsnt matter how much we clean or how often we change the furnace filters...driving me nuts.  That's probably half of it right there.

Sorry, i guess this was just a yap, no real signifigance in the vast scheme of things.
Simayan
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate - GOA

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 12:10:31 PM »

I have the same thing you do. Cough, runny/stuffy nose, sore throat.

I got it about 10 days ago, and though the nose and throat are ok, I'm still having a dry cough.

Hope you get better.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, nor mourning nor crying nor suffering, for the old order of things has passed away."
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 01:32:30 PM »

Aurelia,

Try to rest (I know, I know..with all the kids and everything, how will that happen!), drink fluids, and maybe call a fellow parishioner who may be a doctor who will give you low cost advice (if you're not comfortable, I can refer you to one).

Don't try to drive or anything if you're that zonked, and know that people are praying for you.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:06:02 PM »

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I've been gone so long because I had a very bad couple of days, one spent on the couch all day, burning up and feeling absolutely like i wanted to die.  I think I am on the mend, but now my oldest seems to have it.  I'm trying to take it easy, I had errands to do yesterday and so all I did was drive hub to and from work and take a kid to the orthodontist, I was wiped!It is going around, all the newscasters have something and all the kids at school do too. 
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: