OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 06:09:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on ROAC  (Read 1070 times) Average Rating: 0
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« on: May 02, 2003, 11:04:47 PM »

Has anyone heard of the Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church in America? Are they in communion with world Orthodoxy or are they vagantes?

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 11:12:27 PM »

They are formerly the Free Russian Orthodox Church (I do not understand the name transition - mayhaps someone else can explain this) that was secretly a church while the USSR existed as the MP was fully Sergianist. They are currently in communion with the GOC (Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece & the Diaspora) I believe, as the GOC approves their books. A ROCOR bishop has also decreed their books edifying reading for the soul and without error.

But no, they are not in communion with World Orthodoxy. Their problem with ROCOR is that they are in communion with the True [Old Calendarist] Orthodox Church of Greece that the GOC and ROAC see as Ecumenical.

Umm hope this helps and does not confuse you more. A ROAC person is currently posting at the Cafe if you want to ask her.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 11:44:25 PM »

Thank you Nicholas for your explanation.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 02:06:13 AM »

Whatever their "status," they (Holy Apostles Convent, anyway) have very good, orthodox material.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Tags: ROAC 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: