OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 03:21:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inter-Orthodox Conference on Ecumenism at the University of Chicago  (Read 708 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: March 01, 2007, 11:45:13 AM »

http://orthodoxyandecumenism.blogspot.com/index.html

Inter-Orthodox Conference on Ecumenism at the University of Chicago

Inter-Orthodox Conference at the University of Chicago entitled "Orthodoxy and Modern Ecumenism: Theological, Ecclesiological, and Moral Problems", organized by "Romaiosyni", the Diocesan Bulletin of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of America of the Old Calendar, and St. John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Church in Willow Springs, Illinois. It will be on March 18, the Sunday of St. John of the Ladder, from 3PM to 6PM.

The goal of the conference is to foster a sincere and sober dialogue within Orthodoxy on the topic of Ecumenism, bringing together the elements of traditionalist Orthodox Christians in a common and open forum. It is tragic that there is much discussion today about dialogue, intercommunion, openness, mutual recognition, and unity between the various Christian denominations, yet within Orthodoxy there has not been a healthy dialogue, as the various voices that object to Orthodox participation in Ecumenism are shunned and marginalized as "fanatical". The participation of both "Old Calendarists" and "New Calendarists" is encouraged.

Formal papers will be presented by a number of speakers and there will be an open forum for discussion. The conference is open to the general public.

Inter-Orthodox Conference

* Sunday March 18, 2007
    * University of Chicago
    * Classics 10
    * 1115 E. 58th Street
    * Chicago, Illinois 60637
    * 3PM-6PM

Description
Inter-Orthodox Conference at the University of Chicago organized by "Romaiosyni", the Diocesan Bulletin of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of America of the Old Calendar, and St. John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Church in Willow Springs, Illinois. The purpose of the conference is to provide a forum for a dialogue between the traditionalist and conservative elements within Orthodoxy on the topic of Ecumenism.

Questions and Registration
Registration is free. To register or for more information please send an email to nea.romaiosyni@gmail.com

This is sponsored by my diocese. Any questions, private message me--Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: