OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 11:00:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatever happened to Orthodoc?  (Read 1537 times) Average Rating: 0
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« on: May 02, 2003, 10:01:04 PM »

What ever happened to him? I have not seen him on the site in awhile.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 10:06:50 PM »

I hate to speak for him, but OrthoDoc left this site because he felt it through its administrators was guilty of the heresey of Ecumenism with regards to their attitudes on Catholicism.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 10:09:24 PM »

Sinjin,

Last month this other webmaster basically accused me and this site of being "anti-Catholic."

I thought he was full of it so I wanted to find out if Catholics felt offended by the style of posting or by misinformation (not by the truth of Orthodoxy, of course!)

I asked in a thread in the Orthodox-Catholic discussion how Catholics felt about the board and asked Orthodox to refrain from posting for 1.5 days.

Orthodoc, Nicholas, and Bobby all posted before the deadline in response to a comment so I erased their posts and told them to wait until the deadline to respond.

Orthodoc became angry at me for 1) erasing his post and 2) even caring how Catholics felt [my belief being we need to present our witness of Orthodoxy charitably.]

He quit in response.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 08:43:56 PM »

Sad.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: