Author Topic: Whatever happened to Orthodoc?  (Read 1578 times)

Offline sinjinsmythe

• High Elder
Whatever happened to Orthodoc?
« on: May 02, 2003, 10:01:04 PM »
What ever happened to him? I have not seen him on the site in awhile.
Life is just one disappointment after another.

Offline Nigula Qian Zishi

• Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
  • OC.net guru
  • 我美丽的妻子和我。
    • Orthodox Ecclesiology and The World
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
Re:Whatever happened to Orthodoc?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 10:06:50 PM »
I hate to speak for him, but OrthoDoc left this site because he felt it through its administrators was guilty of the heresey of Ecumenism with regards to their attitudes on Catholicism.
在基督
尼古拉
前执事
的博客

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 10:09:24 PM »
Sinjin,

Last month this other webmaster basically accused me and this site of being "anti-Catholic."

I thought he was full of it so I wanted to find out if Catholics felt offended by the style of posting or by misinformation (not by the truth of Orthodoxy, of course!)

I asked in a thread in the Orthodox-Catholic discussion how Catholics felt about the board and asked Orthodox to refrain from posting for 1.5 days.

Orthodoc, Nicholas, and Bobby all posted before the deadline in response to a comment so I erased their posts and told them to wait until the deadline to respond.

Orthodoc became angry at me for 1) erasing his post and 2) even caring how Catholics felt [my belief being we need to present our witness of Orthodoxy charitably.]

He quit in response.

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Linus7

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 08:43:56 PM »
Sad.
The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas