OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 12:03:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brand new pc....hard drive died...I am going to cry.  (Read 1446 times) Average Rating: 0
aurelia
High Elder

« on: February 27, 2007, 03:21:35 PM »

Saturday I had a good day. I took my daughter to get her ears pierced for her birthday. I picked up my new kitty from the shelter. I found a lot of great downloads. The kids were good. I didn't have to cook dinner.

So much for having a good day  Angry

Sunday morning I woke up, made coffee and went to check my mail.

"windows explorer has stopped working...checking to find problem"

huh? worked fine last night

again: "windows explorer has stopped working...checking to find problem"

over and over and over and over. I took the pc to Best Buy, where I got it. Hour and a half later, after finding my hard drive blew up, and I lost everything that I've done in the last 2 weeks, I need to get a new pc. They are out of the one I got. However, after some haggling I got $100 knocked off the next step up pc. fine, costs me a bit extra but i get a massively bigger hard drive and better processor...

Not one in the store!
They call around and have to order one shipped from another store...it might be here Friday. This is after the transaction I did for the first one seemed to have been lost in the system...until my hub about blew a gasket. I told him to go find me a Siouxisie and the Banshees cd without telling him how to spell it (kept him busy) and I got them to find the stupid receipt and finish the whole mess.

The computer guys were very nice, I will say, and I am getting the better pc for like $75 under cost.

But I am gonna cry. My sims game is gone, all my new buildings I made, all of it. At least I have up until 2 weeks ago on disc, I can start over, and i can download what I lost pretty much on this pc and burn it to disc to transfer...but still, why why why!!!!!!!!!!!

so sorry, too, Fr Chris, no updates, I lost the pics before I got to send them...I'll have to retake them.  Which is ok, because I found a new candle thing for Saints Preserve Us Church....

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 03:36:15 PM »

i hate it when that happens!!!!

Months ago, some &%^* guy hacked into our computer and reset it deleting everything, all our photos, videos, and important documents.

If I ever find out who that person is, God help me. Angry

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:36:43 PM »

so sorry, too, Fr Chris, no updates, I lost the pics before I got to send them...I'll have to retake them.  Which is ok, because I found a new candle thing for Saints Preserve Us Church....

Aurelia, paidi mou, there's nothing to apologise for...this cross God gives you is for your own salvation. Somehow, this will help you and/or your family, and in this I rejoice!

SimFrChris can wait, for nothing else matters but our salvation which we work out in fear and trembling.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 03:43:37 PM »

We were much happier without this new fangled technology anyway.
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that's the way I likes it!" (Grampa Simpson)

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 04:07:56 PM »

It's ok, I'll live.  I'm just going to go organize my files and do my laundry. I'm just very glad i didn't have any new family pics or anything on it!!!!!
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 12:48:27 AM »

i'll be the first to say it. 

You should have gotten a MAC!!!!! 

they're amazing and practically garanteed to never crash. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 01:36:03 AM »

It's funny you say this.  I have a four-year old PC, and am planning to buy a Mac this summer.  Well, just last month, my PC decided to die on me, and it just so happened that I had un-fixable bad sectors in my hard drive (basically permanently damaged).  I was lucky to save my information, but man, such inconvenience.  It's like my PC knew that I was going to leave her, so she gives me a rough time.

I spent 100 bucks fixing her, but I hope nothing more.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 12:25:20 PM »

Oh?  The Mac i work on crashes all the time - scares the tar out of me.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 09:48:55 AM »

That's cuz it doesn't like you.   Tongue

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 10:06:52 AM »

That's cuz it doesn't like you.   Tongue

What?  Computers love me! (as the internet crashes on me....)

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 11:52:17 PM »

What?  Computers love me! (as the internet crashes on me....)

Let's not talk about it.  I finally got back on.  thank God for neighbors.  What an act of almsgiving huh?  Probobly at least 100 points in St. Peter's books. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: