Author Topic: Re: Blasphemy Challenge  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
Re: Blasphemy Challenge
« on: February 27, 2007, 01:00:05 PM »
I've really come around on this stuff. I suppose I've been largely insulated from a lot of stuff, and really had my entire personality changed (for the worse, in most ways) in the last 8 or 9 years. If Christianity is correct, then I should, of necessity, need God as a crutch. Christianity is happy to break your legs to help the process along. Then if you limp enough, they praise you as a saint. YOU rely on God the most.  ::)  Anyway, so I'll be adding my own video soon to Youtube on this. I really couldn't care less about blaspheming the Holy Spirit, Zeus, or any other mythical God, but I'm gonna say something given that I live in a largely Christian-derived culture and have to confront that culture, and that I'm sick of people a priori assuming a Christian viewpoint (no matter how dumb). I guess my vid will be more about Christians than Christ.

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 01:58:13 PM »
Gee, now I'm really convinced how enlightened atheism is. ::)

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:41:11 PM »
Well, it's still funny how people enjoy "blaspheming the Holy Spirit."

You do that if that makes you feel better.

God bless you.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Simayan

• Site Supporter
  • High Elder
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:06:17 PM »
Have fun. Wherever you go.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:06:37 PM by Simayan »
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, nor mourning nor crying nor suffering, for the old order of things has passed away."

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • An Ideal to Strive Towards
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »
And we are told to believe that atheists are the intellectuals?  ::) Give me a break.
My posts no longer forum here.

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 10:43:04 PM »
Well, at least you'll get a free T-shirt out of it...if you don't mind, post the link ;)
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 10:44:28 PM »
Well, at least you'll get a free T-shirt out of it...
Actually, I think the prize is a DVD copy of the "must see video": "The God Who Wasn't There."
Looking at the videos, what amuses me most is the fact that these so called "deniers of religion" are actually undertaking a Rite of Initiation into a religion without even realising it! Quite a few of them who posted videos of themselves (baptism into the religion) tell us that everyone should see "The God Who Wasn't There" (preach the Gospel to all Nations) as well as making the required "denial of the Holy Spirit" (proclamation of the creed).
Nah.....they're not gullible approval junkies at all....  :D

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 11:53:36 PM »
Actually, I think the prize is a DVD copy of the "must see video": "The God Who Wasn't There."
Looking at the videos, what amuses me most is the fact that these so called "deniers of religion" are actually undertaking a Rite of Initiation into a religion without even realising it! Quite a few of them who posted videos of themselves (baptism into the religion) tell us that everyone should see "The God Who Wasn't There" (preach the Gospel to all Nations) as well as making the required "denial of the Holy Spirit" (proclamation of the creed).
Nah.....they're not gullible approval junkies at all....  :D

Ah, you're right, it is a video...been a while since I looked at the site, was thinking it was a t-shirt for some reason...thanks for the clarification. In that case it's certainly not worth it...the video's available for free over on isohunt. ;)
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 04:21:57 AM »
Ah, you're right, it is a video...been a while since I looked at the site, was thinking it was a t-shirt for some reason...thanks for the clarification. In that case it's certainly not worth it...the video's available for free over on isohunt. ;)

LMAO!!!
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.