OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 01:09:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Blasphemy Challenge  (Read 1189 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« on: February 27, 2007, 01:00:05 PM »

I've really come around on this stuff. I suppose I've been largely insulated from a lot of stuff, and really had my entire personality changed (for the worse, in most ways) in the last 8 or 9 years. If Christianity is correct, then I should, of necessity, need God as a crutch. Christianity is happy to break your legs to help the process along. Then if you limp enough, they praise you as a saint. YOU rely on God the most.  Roll Eyes  Anyway, so I'll be adding my own video soon to Youtube on this. I really couldn't care less about blaspheming the Holy Spirit, Zeus, or any other mythical God, but I'm gonna say something given that I live in a largely Christian-derived culture and have to confront that culture, and that I'm sick of people a priori assuming a Christian viewpoint (no matter how dumb). I guess my vid will be more about Christians than Christ.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 01:58:13 PM »

Gee, now I'm really convinced how enlightened atheism is. Roll Eyes

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:41:11 PM »

Well, it's still funny how people enjoy "blaspheming the Holy Spirit."

You do that if that makes you feel better.

God bless you.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Simayan
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate - GOA

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:06:17 PM »

Have fun. Wherever you go.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:06:37 PM by Simayan » Logged

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, nor mourning nor crying nor suffering, for the old order of things has passed away."
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »

And we are told to believe that atheists are the intellectuals?  Roll Eyes Give me a break.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 10:43:04 PM »

Well, at least you'll get a free T-shirt out of it...if you don't mind, post the link Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 10:44:28 PM »

Well, at least you'll get a free T-shirt out of it...
Actually, I think the prize is a DVD copy of the "must see video": "The God Who Wasn't There."
Looking at the videos, what amuses me most is the fact that these so called "deniers of religion" are actually undertaking a Rite of Initiation into a religion without even realising it! Quite a few of them who posted videos of themselves (baptism into the religion) tell us that everyone should see "The God Who Wasn't There" (preach the Gospel to all Nations) as well as making the required "denial of the Holy Spirit" (proclamation of the creed).
Nah.....they're not gullible approval junkies at all....  Cheesy

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 11:53:36 PM »

Actually, I think the prize is a DVD copy of the "must see video": "The God Who Wasn't There."
Looking at the videos, what amuses me most is the fact that these so called "deniers of religion" are actually undertaking a Rite of Initiation into a religion without even realising it! Quite a few of them who posted videos of themselves (baptism into the religion) tell us that everyone should see "The God Who Wasn't There" (preach the Gospel to all Nations) as well as making the required "denial of the Holy Spirit" (proclamation of the creed).
Nah.....they're not gullible approval junkies at all....  Cheesy

Ah, you're right, it is a video...been a while since I looked at the site, was thinking it was a t-shirt for some reason...thanks for the clarification. In that case it's certainly not worth it...the video's available for free over on isohunt. Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 04:21:57 AM »

Ah, you're right, it is a video...been a while since I looked at the site, was thinking it was a t-shirt for some reason...thanks for the clarification. In that case it's certainly not worth it...the video's available for free over on isohunt. Wink

LMAO!!!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: