OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 07:30:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Egyptian Blogger Jailed  (Read 1188 times) Average Rating: 0
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« on: February 22, 2007, 10:11:31 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6386613.stm

Very interesting.  I think this not just significantly shows the obvious failure of Pres. Mubarak to keep his promises for democracy and free speech, but also might imply a growing trend among Muslims to seek more liberal lifestyles that contradict Islamic conservative and restrained life.

God bless.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 10:12:53 PM »

Well, actually I meant to give this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6385849.stm

Egypt blogger jailed for 'insult'

An Egyptian court has sentenced a blogger to four years' prison for insulting Islam and the president.

But both are relevant.  Smiley

Minasoliman,
Forum policy requires posters to put at least the first paragraph of a quote from a link in their post, so that other posters may know about the nature of the link source.  Please do not forget to do this in future.  I have done this for you in this instance so that you can see how it works.

Pravoslavbob.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 02:25:25 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
ishaq

Faith: Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »

Very interesting.  I think this not just significantly shows the obvious failure of Pres. Mubarak to keep his promises for democracy and free speech, but also might imply a growing trend among Muslims to seek more liberal lifestyles that contradict Islamic conservative and restrained life.

God bless.

Why do you, Mina, an American Copt who lives in NJ want democracy and free speech * parenthetical statement removed for violation of forum policy * in Egypt?  You must not interfere into Egyptian problems as you are an American!  Besides, the great Orthodox nation is Russia, which is not a democracy but an authoritarian regime ruled by Tsar Nicholas III (aka Vladimir V Putin).  Emperor Vladimir and Empress Lyudmila Putina are the White-equivalent to Hosni and Suzanne Mubarak, while His Holiness Kyrill is the White-equivalent to Sheikh Ali Goma'a.

The EASTERN Orthodox Church always strives to embrace all things Eastern and reject all things Western.

ishaq,

1.  Are you aware that a moderator had to edit another of your posts about an hour before you submitted this one to remove an anti-Semitic reference?
2.  Are you aware that forum policy forbids the posting of politics on public threads, that political posts are permitted only on the private Politics board?

Please send me your answers to these questions in a private message.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 11:56:51 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Elpidophoros
Elder

Faith: OX

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 01:43:36 PM »

God bless.

Why do you, Mina, an American Copt who lives in NJ want democracy and free speech* parenthetical statement removed for violation of forum policy * in Egypt?  You must not interfere into Egyptian problems as you are an American!  Besides, the great Orthodox nation is Russia, which is not a democracy but an authoritarian regime ruled by Tsar Nicholas III (aka Vladimir V Putin).  Emperor Vladimir and Empress Lyudmila Putina are the White-equivalent to Hosni and Suzanne Mubarak, while His Holiness Kyrill is the White-equivalent to Sheikh Ali Goma'a.

The EASTERN Orthodox Church always strives to embrace all things Eastern and reject all things Western.

Αμην Αμην Αμην
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 02:09:02 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »

Just remember that the thread was already 2 1/2 years old.
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 05:10:40 PM »

Oh wow...I didn't even realize my post was changed.  Sorry for that.  Didn't know the policies.

I guess this should have been in the political area too.

Tags: democracy Egypt  Islam 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: