OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 04:58:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Lent Encyclical from His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas  (Read 761 times) Average Rating: 0
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« on: February 17, 2007, 04:50:53 PM »

Holy Lent Encyclical from His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas

IN THE NAME OF THE SELF-EXISTANT
SEMPITERNAL OF NECESSARY EXISTENCE THE ALMIGHTY
IGNATIUS PATRIARCH OF THE HOLY SEE OF ANTIOCH AND ALL THE EAST SUPREME HEAD OF THE UNIVERSAL SYRIAC ORTHODOX CHURCH
ZAKKA I, IWAS

We offer apostolic benediction and benevolent prayers, to our brethren, His Beatitude Mor Baselius Thomas I, Catholicos of India, and their Eminences the Metropolitans, our spiritual children the venerable priests, monks, nuns, deacons and deaconess, and our blessed Syriac Orthodox people worldwide. May the divine providence embrace them through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, and St. Peter, the head of the apostles, and the rest of the Martyrs and Saints. Amen

Meekness and Humbleness

The Lord Jesus said, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (Mathew 11:28 – 30)

Dear faithful

Humbleness and meekness are two heavenly and esteemed virtues. Each one completes the other. In our humbleness we glorify God and we confess His abundant blessings upon us for He is our creator and care taker. We should always continue to give thanks to Him, acknowledging our weakness and asking for His mercy. All heavenly and earthly gifts that we enjoy in life are free handouts from Him. And accordingly, we have no right to boast but rather admit His grace and avoid arrogance that takes us away from Him and blocks our senses from hearing His words, and leads us to self adoration and atheism. We must let humility fill our minds and hearts with the light of Christ who will enlighten them with faith and dependency upon God and confessing the fact of faith inspired by God Almighty in His Holy Bible. This is how we glorify His holy name by reciting with the author of Psalms, saying, “Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us. But to Your name give glory.” (Psalm 115: 1)

For the full text of the Encyclical in English, Syriac & Arabic, please visit.
http://www.socmnet.org/Resource_PatriarchalHolyLentEncyclical2007.htm

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
Tags: Lent Syriac Orthodox OO Lent 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: