OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 02:09:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seattle Orthodox Private School plans to open Fall 2007.  (Read 1688 times) Average Rating: 0
Justinian

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« on: February 07, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »

I thought I should put this here for anyone interested...

Sponsor a scholarship to Orthodox Prep!
Orthodox Prep is currently inviting parishioners to establish scholarships for children to attend the new Orthodox school in Seattle. Scholarships can be established in memory of a loved one, in the honor of a favorite saint, or to be awarded to a particular type of student. Parishioners are also welcome to contribute to our general scholarship fund to be awarded annually starting this March. Interested parishioners are asked to contact us at info@orthodoxprep.org.

Teachers Needed
Orthodox Prep is currently accepting resumes for Lower School teachers. Credentialed faculty must hold (or be committed to pursuing) advanced degrees.

At the Lower School level (grades K-5) state teaching credentials are required. All faculty must be committed Orthodox Christians in good standing in their local parishes and recommended by their priest/spiritual father. Faculty members must demonstrate a passion for children, teaching and the Church. Salaries and benefits are competitive.

Volunteer teachers and part-time teachers in specialty areas are encouraged to present themselves as well.

Resumes can be sent to Orthodox Prep, PO Box 33667, Seattle, WA 98133 or contact us at info@orthodoxprep.org.

orthodoxprep.org

In XC,
Justinian

"All this indignation have I hurled, At the pretending part of the proud world. Who, swollen with selfish vanity devise: false freedoms, holy cheats, and formal lies, Over their fellow slaves to tyrannize." - John Wilmot
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:13:45 PM »

I think this is awesome and I hope it does well.
I also hope they pay their faculty well.

There is an Opus Dei, non-dioscese school where I live that is very much like a prep school; the teachers are well enough paid that with summer jobs they can actually raise a family and not have it be mandatory that two incomes are required of a family for the opportunity to teach in a Christian school.

I hope this school will raise the necessary money to do this.
Thanatos

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 10:35:54 PM »

Is it being sponsored through St. Spiridon or St. Nicholas...or a co-worker partnership of both?
Justinian

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:04:03 AM »

Is it being sponsored through St. Spiridon or St. Nicholas...or a co-worker partnership of both?

It is a Pan-Orthodox sponsorship between ROCOR, OCA, GOA, AOA, JP, and the Serbs. The woman leading the project attends a Seattle GOA parish.

"All this indignation have I hurled, At the pretending part of the proud world. Who, swollen with selfish vanity devise: false freedoms, holy cheats, and formal lies, Over their fellow slaves to tyrannize." - John Wilmot
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »

Great news, Justinian! We need more of these!
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 02:36:11 AM »

It's almost the new school year.

I hope they got this up and running!
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 02:42:03 AM »

It's almost the new school year.

Thanks for reminding me.....or not!

But I echo your sentiments on the school.

In Christ
Ivan

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: