Author Topic: Modern Greek Bible  (Read 167 times)

Offline RaphaCam

• Holy Martyr Mercurius
  • Archon
  • Please pray for my family and for myself
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Modern Greek Bible
« on: November 20, 2016, 02:17:06 PM »
Is there any Modern Greek translation of the Bible written in such a way to be the nearest possible to original Koine Greek? I'm specially expecting NT, but LXX-based OT would be good.
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 90:1)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Como posso lidar com minha condição pecadora?

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Re: Modern Greek Bible
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
Is there any Modern Greek translation of the Bible written in such a way to be the nearest possible to original Koine Greek? I'm specially expecting NT, but LXX-based OT would be good.
You mean Katharevousa?
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline RaphaCam

• Holy Martyr Mercurius
  • Archon
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:39:43 PM »
You mean Katharevousa?
Demotic would be more useful. I'd like to read the Bible in Modern Greek since I'm trying to learn some of it, but in such a way to be the most equivalent to the Koine possible.
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 90:1)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Como posso lidar com minha condição pecadora?

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »
You mean Katharevousa?
Demotic would be more useful. I'd like to read the Bible in Modern Greek since I'm trying to learn some of it, but in such a way to be the most equivalent to the Koine possible.
See if this is what you had in mine. I have a more complete pdf version.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/311813787/%CE%97-%CE%91%CE%B3%CE%AF%CE%B1-%CE%93%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%AE-%CE%BC%CE%B5-%CF%84%CE%B1-%CE%94%CE%B5%CF%85%CF%84%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%BA%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AC-Pdf
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline RaphaCam

• Holy Martyr Mercurius
  • Archon
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 11:40:46 PM »
You mean Katharevousa?
See if this is what you had in mine. I have a more complete pdf version.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/311813787/%CE%97-%CE%91%CE%B3%CE%AF%CE%B1-%CE%93%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%AE-%CE%BC%CE%B5-%CF%84%CE%B1-%CE%94%CE%B5%CF%85%CF%84%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%BA%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AC-Pdf
More or less, I can see a couple of excerpts where they could have used forms nearer to the Koine... but this is good.