Author Topic: New Foreign Language Options on Site  (Read 1727 times)

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Merarches
  • MichaƂ Kalina's biggest fan
New Foreign Language Options on Site
« on: February 01, 2007, 03:32:27 PM »
Dear all,

I am not sure if this is OK for me to put, or even if it belongs here, but i'm sure someone will move it if it doesn't. 

In case no one noticed we have new options in the discussion in Foreign Languages section of the site. 

You can start new threads in "Romance Languages" or "Other Languages" which is very beneficial to those of us who would like to brush up on foreign dialogue. 

I hope all of you foreign language speakers take advantage of this. 

I would also like to personally thank all the administrators and Mods. who made this happen.  I for one really appreciate it. 
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline Robert

• "Amazing"
  • Archon
Re: New Foreign Language Options on Site
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 05:27:45 PM »
You're very welcome!  We want to cater to our community.

With that being said, feel free to contact me with any requests or recommendations that you may have.

Robert

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: New Foreign Language Options on Site
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 11:13:36 PM »
I knew this thread was somewhere....

We've added a "Greek Languages" subforum in the Foreign Languages section: for all forms of Greek (Classical, Koine, Pastristic, Katharevousa, Modern, Cypriot, etc.).
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
New Foreign Language Moderators
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 12:04:09 PM »
In order to facilitate more discussion in the Foreign Language Fora, and to assure that those fora "run smoothly," a number of our current moderators have accepted the challenge of double-duty and will also moderate the various Foreign Language Subfora (Slavic Languages, Discussion en Espanol, Romance Languages, Practice English, Other Languages, and Greek Languages).

Thank you to all the moderators who have accepted this challenge!
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.