OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 11:56:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two more articles  (Read 1467 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:14:18 AM »

Dear in Christ,

I have begun a new stint of posting articles that have accumulated in my "to-do" list ever since I started a new job.  So far, I have posted a brief Old Calendarist treatise in English, Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese (if anyone who speaks Russian wants to check to make sure I posted it correctly as I cut and pasted from a Word document that had some formatting issues).  Then I posted an article by our own Reader David Bryan Wooten on the "Satisfaction of the Cross."  I have another Reader David article, some articles by Serb1389 that I am working on, and am formatting some old articles over again to meet our new style format.  It's tedious work but worth it.

If anyone would like to join me as the equivalent of a moderator or global moderator on the editing team, or if you would like to be a columnist, please let me know.  My previous appeals have met with some success but I need to get a core group of assistants to make this work. I'd like to one day have an articles database as big as orthodoxinfo.com but with a broader focus (from all differing Orthodox positions and points of view like Old Calendarist, Paris school, Neo-Patristic revival, etc) so that readers have access to a virtual research hub and library of information.

We'd also love to host more foreign-language articles.

Please let me know if you would like to volunteer, by contacting me via PM.

In Christ,

Anastasios
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 10:15:46 AM by Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:30:29 PM »

Direct link to articles page: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=14&Itemid=28

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 01:10:45 PM »

I'd like to one day have an articles database as big as orthodoxinfo.com but with a broader focus (from all differing Orthodox positions and points of view like Old Calendarist, Paris school, Neo-Patristic revival, etc) so that readers have access to a virtual research hub and library of information.

Does that etcetera cover the OO position? I would be interested in submitting some articles in the course of time.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 01:14:43 PM »

Does that etcetera cover the OO position? I would be interested in submitting some articles in the course of time.

Yes. We would welcome that.  I will take down interested parties' names and make contact as soon as I have about 5 contibutors. We can see where to go from there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:16:06 PM by Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »

If you are interested in doing interviews, that is a possibility as well, although with a bit more oversight as contacting real people in the field can present different challenges and responsibilities.

Please Buy My Book!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: