OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 07:43:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 391208 times) Average Rating: 5
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #4815 on: February 05, 2013, 04:39:41 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

9-5 and Superbowl not ELITE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

7 ROAD WINS NOT ELITE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

This year..

John Harbaugh > Jim Harbuagh

Joe Flacco Superbowl MVP > Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick!

Back to this garbage for a minute.

You just proved that:

A) Cocaine-lace Heroinized Meth is your drug of choice.

B) You don't know what respect is.

C) You have no football knowledge.

In no worlds is Flaccid better than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. I dont even think he is going to have a better career than Kapernick.

It was a team effort; with the help of the officials to win the Super Bowl. Take your BS and go back to the LA ghetto.

You are why people love to hate on Baltimore. You're pathetic. Oh we are all glad the murderer is gone.
 You are being warned for 60 days for attacking another poster, which you have been warned & even post moderated for several times before. 

-Serb1389.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4816 on: February 05, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »

You need to have more evidence if you're going to convict Ray Lewis of murder. I doubt that you've seen that evidence, and you show yourself far too quick to judge when you say his behavior afterwards is enough to convict him. You simply do not know.
Lewis was charged with obstruction of Justice. The only reason he wasn't charged with more is because he followed his 'name' price and became a rat.

And where did I say that his behavior is enough to convict him? Nowhere.

Stop replying to things that I never say.

Why not defend him against such members of the lynch mob as you? He was never convicted.
'
Just because someone wasn't convicted in the courts doesn't mean he wasn't a murderer.

You are aware that innocent people go to prison all the time right?

Courts ain't flawless dude.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #4817 on: February 05, 2013, 04:48:36 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

9-5 and Superbowl not ELITE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

7 ROAD WINS NOT ELITE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

This year..

John Harbaugh > Jim Harbuagh

Joe Flacco Superbowl MVP > Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick!

Back to this garbage for a minute.

You just proved that:

A) Cocaine-lace Heroinized Meth is your drug of choice.

B) You don't know what respect is.

C) You have no football knowledge.

In no worlds is Flaccid better than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. I dont even think he is going to have a better career than Kapernick.

It was a team effort; with the help of the officials to win the Super Bowl. Take your BS and go back to the LA ghetto.

You are why people love to hate on Baltimore. You're pathetic. Oh we are all glad the murderer is gone.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4818 on: February 05, 2013, 04:53:19 PM »

Seriously, did Habte really just compare Ray Ray to Joseph and the coat of many colors?

I guess that makes Big Ben Moses.

Troy Polamalu can be King Josiah.
Keisel can be Samson?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #4819 on: February 05, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »

You need to have more evidence if you're going to convict Ray Lewis of murder. I doubt that you've seen that evidence, and you show yourself far too quick to judge when you say his behavior afterwards is enough to convict him. You simply do not know.
Lewis was charged with obstruction of Justice. The only reason he wasn't charged with more is because he followed his 'name' price and became a rat.

Actually, you did say it. Through your own words, you convicted Ray Lewis of murder, and you said, "His behavior afterwards totally indicates him being a murderer though." Maybe, then, you should re-read your words before you embarass yourself by saying you never said them.

Stop replying to things that I never say.
Stop saying things you'll later deny saying.

Why not defend him against such members of the lynch mob as you? He was never convicted.
'
Just because someone wasn't convicted in the courts doesn't mean he wasn't a murderer.
But I'm going to take the evidence of a court decision over whatever evidence you claim to have.

You are aware that innocent people go to prison all the time right?

Courts ain't flawless dude.
But they're more flawless in their judgments than you are in that at least the courts followed due process.

I'm not saying I know that O.J. Simpson and Ray Lewis are innocent of murder; all I'm saying is that I've not seen enough evidence to convince me that they're guilty. Until then, I will not go beyond what the courts decided in their murder cases.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:39:33 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4820 on: February 05, 2013, 07:40:39 PM »

Actually, you did say it. Through your own words, you convicted Ray Lewis of murder, and you said, "His behavior afterwards totally indicates him being a murderer though." Maybe, then, you should re-read your words before you embarass yourself by saying you never said them.

I convicted? Do you know what conviction means? Do you know what indicates means?

Conviction: the act or process of finding a person guilty of a crime especially in a court of law.

Are we in a court of law?

No we are not.

However his behavior does indicate he is a criminal, note here I cannot convict him as a murderer. I'm not a judge.

You lose.

I actually know what words mean, you don't.

But I'm going to take the evidence of a court decision over whatever evidence you claim to have.
Or the interpretation of the defense lawyer on that evidence. Or the interpretation of the jury on that evidence. Or the prosecution.

But whatever man, you want to think the courts make perfect decisions all the time. That's your problem, not mine. There have been plenty of cases where courts have been wrong.

They are not perfect.

But they're more flawless in their judgments than you are in that the jury is presented more evidence than you.
Judgments can be wrong Peter, therefore it cannot be flawless. And especially judgments of those on the jury, even more suscpetible to be flawed.

Just admit the fact that the court system is not perfect and this discussion is over.

Really you are grasping at straws at this point.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:42:48 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4821 on: February 05, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »

I convicted? Do you know what conviction means? Do you know what indicates means?
Yes, I know. I know what you said.

Conviction: the act or process of finding a person guilty of a crime especially in a court of law.

Are we in a court of law?

No we are not.
Stop splitting hairs, Achronos. You know what you said, and I know what you said. Ray Lewis is a murderer in your own mind; ergo, you have convicted him of murder.

However his behavior does indicate he is a criminal, note here I cannot convict him as a murderer. I'm not a judge.
In a jury trial, the judge doesn't make the decision to convict; the jury does. Have you made yourself a member of the jury? Sure seems you have.

You lose.
Sorry, Charlie. I'm not aware that I was ever behind.

I actually know what words mean, you don't.
But I know that words don't always mean only what the dictionary says they mean.

Or the interpretation of the defense lawyer on that evidence. Or the interpretation of the jury on that evidence. Or the prosecution.

But whatever man, you want to think the courts make perfect decisions all the time. That's your problem, not mine. There have been plenty of cases where courts have been wrong.
Yes, I know that, but I would venture to say that you've been wrong an even greater percentage of the time.

They are not perfect.

But they're more flawless in their judgments than you are in that the jury is presented more evidence than you.
Judgments can be wrong Peter, therefore it cannot be flawless. And especially judgments of those on the jury, even more suscpetible to be flawed.
And then there's you, who, without any of the evidence presented before the jury, are the most susceptible to being flawed. Since you're the only person on this thread convicting Ray Lewis of murder, your opinion is the only opinion being disputed here.

Just admit the fact that the court system is not perfect and this discussion is over.

Really you are grasping at straws at this point.
No. You still don't get the fact that you are essentially setting yourself up as superior to the courts, even though you have much less evidence on which to convict than they have. Stop calling Ray Lewis a murderer and we can put an end to this discussion.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:58:50 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4822 on: February 05, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »

I may consider Ray Ray a murderer but how can I convict him? Are we in court?

Well of course you don't like the meanings to words in the dictionary, only when it backs up your argument right?

There we go again with assuming what I actually said instead of actually reading what I said.

I didn't convict him. I said he indicates he is a criminal based on the behavior he exhibited after the events occured. And the problem with the evidence is the police completely dropped the ball in doing interviews with the witnesses in a timely manner.

Plus Ray Ray himself was guilty of obstruction of justice.

So we could never have all of the evidence because of how the investigation was handled. It was botched.

And why provide settlements to the victims families if you are so adamant you didn't murder them?

And then to put on a charade that you are so God-fearing and all this pious garbage.

He knows what he did and in my mind, yes I do believe he murdered them.

Am I in position to convict him of it? Of course not. It doesn't matter. Do I think Casey Anthony murdered her child? You betcha. Do I think OJ was guilty? Yup.

I've read Ray Ray's case in detail before Aaron's Hooter's wife ranted about it when the Pats lost. I am convinced from what I have read and seen.

The jury was supposedly not convinced, well they could never be with how the investigation was carried out.

Lucky for Ray Ray, yet no justice for those murdered.

Hardly splitting hairs when there is a tantamount difference between convicting someone of a crime and believing they did it.

Again I ain't in the court of law to do so.

I can be an armchair judge anyday I want, but it doesn't matter.

You have a problem with me believing that Ray Ray is a murderer? Guess what? That's your problem, not mine.

And who cares if I am wrong a greater precentage of the time? That's not even what we are arguing here.

Again, courts have proven to be wrong in the past. It is not a flawless system.

Whether how much I am wrong has ZERO to do with it.

And since you want to bring up my past about how I have been wrong, you should do the same for the courts.

But you don't. You make special exceptions for people/institutions you don't like. I already know this.

I don't need to present any evidence to a "jury". We ain't in court.

And you are right, it is my opinion just as much as it anyone's.

It's called making a judgement on the evidence and testimonies.

Hey that's something a jury does as well.

Who would of thought that?

Obviously not Peter.

Go ahead and make the typical PtA rebuttal that doesn't exist in reality.

I'm done.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4823 on: February 05, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »

I may consider Ray Ray a murderer but how can I convict him? Are we in court?

Well of course you don't like the meanings to words in the dictionary, only when it backs up your argument right?

There we go again with assuming what I actually said instead of actually reading what I said.

I didn't convict him. I said he indicates he is a criminal based on the behavior he exhibited after the events occured. And the problem with the evidence is the police completely dropped the ball in doing interviews with the witnesses in a timely manner.

Plus Ray Ray himself was guilty of obstruction of justice.

So we could never have all of the evidence because of how the investigation was handled. It was botched.

And why provide settlements to the victims families if you are so adamant you didn't murder them?

And then to put on a charade that you are so God-fearing and all this pious garbage.

He knows what he did and in my mind, yes I do believe he murdered them.

Am I in position to convict him of it? Of course not. It doesn't matter. Do I think Casey Anthony murdered her child? You betcha. Do I think OJ was guilty? Yup.

I've read Ray Ray's case in detail before Aaron's Hooter's wife ranted about it when the Pats lost. I am convinced from what I have read and seen.

The jury was supposedly not convinced, well they could never be with how the investigation was carried out.

Lucky for Ray Ray, yet no justice for those murdered.

Hardly splitting hairs when there is a tantamount difference between convicting someone of a crime and believing they did it.

Again I ain't in the court of law to do so.

I can be an armchair judge anyday I want, but it doesn't matter.

You have a problem with me believing that Ray Ray is a murderer? Guess what? That's your problem, not mine.

And who cares if I am wrong a greater precentage of the time? That's not even what we are arguing here.

Again, courts have proven to be wrong in the past. It is not a flawless system.

Whether how much I am wrong has ZERO to do with it.

And since you want to bring up my past about how I have been wrong, you should do the same for the courts.

But you don't. You make special exceptions for people/institutions you don't like. I already know this.

I don't need to present any evidence to a "jury". We ain't in court.

And you are right, it is my opinion just as much as it anyone's.

It's called making a judgement on the evidence and testimonies.

Hey that's something a jury does as well.

Who would of thought that?

Obviously not Peter.

Go ahead and make the typical PtA rebuttal that doesn't exist in reality.

I'm done.
Remind me never to select you for jury duty.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4824 on: February 05, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »

There are a few witnesses I think should have stood trial during the case which would have been pivotal in a conviction.

And it's too bad his white stained clothes weren't found.

Ray Ray mislead the police in a statement and there was blood found in his limo too. No that doesn't mean he did it.

He knows more about what happened that night and luckily for him the system didn't do what they should have.

He should come clean with what really happened that night, but he will never do so.

That would mean turning himself in.

And wouldn't you think that if it really wasn't him, he'd come forward with who actually did it? I think so or atleast testify against whoever did it.

So even if, a big if, didn't do it, he was definitely an accomplice.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4825 on: February 05, 2013, 08:58:25 PM »

There are a few witnesses I think should have stood trial during the case which would have been pivotal in a conviction.

Ray Ray mislead the police in a statement and there was blood found in his limo too. No that doesn't mean he did it.

He knows more about what happened that night and luckily for him the system didn't do what they should have.

He should come clean with what really happened that night, but he will never do so.

And wouldn't you think that if it really wasn't him, he'd come forward with who actually did it? I think so or atleast testify against whoever did it.

Why is this so important to you?
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #4826 on: February 05, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »

I think these are fair questions, and I have similar feelings about Ray Lewis. While he seems to have genuinely turned his life around, I still wonder why he never speaks of the victim of that murder. Surely he knows more than he's let on. I can't help but wonder how the family and friends of the victim feel when they see Ray Lewis doing his "look at me" shenanigans dance.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #4827 on: February 05, 2013, 09:51:26 PM »

Looks like the MLS preseasons are starting up.

Desert Friendlies: Seattle Sounders FC vs Portland Timbers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dejuTbJiT_g

It's preseason, so eh whatever. Can't wait til it kicks up in March!
http://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule

Sounders Til I Die!

This user is no longer active.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4828 on: February 05, 2013, 10:18:02 PM »

I think these are fair questions, and I have similar feelings about Ray Lewis. While he seems to have genuinely turned his life around, I still wonder why he never speaks of the victim of that murder. Surely he knows more than he's let on. I can't help but wonder how the family and friends of the victim feel when they see Ray Lewis doing his "look at me" shenanigans dance.

Selam
They all think he murdered them too. The mother of one of them said so a few weeks ago.

Obviously Ray Ray doesn't want to disclose everything that happened that night, but you would be an idiot to really believe he didn't know what happened.

Of course he did. He tried to shut everyone up about it in the limo and there was blood in the limo too, so if I was Ray I would be like "Yo man whats with all the blood in the car?". As the limo driver said, he told everyone to keep their mouths shut.

And getting rid of his blood stained clothes too?

Hell if I was in his position and I was innocent, you bet I'd tell everything that happened that night, or atleast my "version" of the story.

Do anything I could to prove my innocence.

Ray Ray took a plea bargain for obstruction of justice.

And yet did NOTHING for justice to the victims that were murdered.

If he was TRULY so God this and God that, he would provide the necessary information to have justice for those that were murdered.

It's ok though, he will have to be judged on the last day just like everyone else is.

AND he payed the families a nice settlement.

But Ray, if you didn't do it, why would you give them money?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:18:44 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #4829 on: February 05, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »

Selam
They all think he murdered them too. The mother of one of them said so a few weeks ago.

Obviously Ray Ray doesn't want to disclose everything that happened that night, but you would be an idiot to really believe he didn't know what happened.

Of course he did. He tried to shut everyone up about it in the limo and there was blood in the limo too, so if I was Ray I would be like "Yo man whats with all the blood in the car?". As the limo driver said, he told everyone to keep their mouths shut.

Hell if I was in his position and I was innocent, you bet I'd tell everything that happened that night, or atleast my "version" of the story.

If he was TRULY so God this and God that, he would provide the necessary information to have justice for those that were murdered.

It's ok though, he will have to be judged on the last day just like everyone else is.

Yeah, but at least he wasn't a "snitch."  And sadly, that's the ethos of our culture these days. Screw the victims. Got to maintain that street cred.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
sheenj
OC.net guru

« Reply #4830 on: February 05, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »

Selam

Yeah, but at least he wasn't a "snitch."  And sadly, that's the ethos of our culture these days. Screw the victims. Got to maintain that street cred.

Selam

Er, Ray Lewis did snitch.  That was part of his plea bargain for obstruction. The prosecution just managed to make a complete mess of the case and let the other two guys off the hook. 
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4831 on: February 05, 2013, 10:49:48 PM »

Yeah he did, but even those two got acquitted for the murder charges.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
sheenj
OC.net guru

« Reply #4832 on: February 05, 2013, 10:51:50 PM »

Like I said,  that's only because the prosecution managed to royally screw up the case.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4833 on: February 05, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »

Like I said,  that's only because the prosecution managed to royally screw up the case.
Yeah the prosecution was just as awful as the police investigation.

Again how long did it take to interview the witnesses?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
thethinker

« Reply #4834 on: February 05, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »

Greetings All,

I am new to this forum and I live in Baltimore, Maryland. I am ecstatic that the Ravens won the Superbowl!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4835 on: February 05, 2013, 11:02:10 PM »

Welcome to the forum, thethinker Smiley

There are many foolish priests out there.
thethinker

« Reply #4836 on: February 05, 2013, 11:08:44 PM »

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:08:59 PM by thethinker » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #4837 on: February 05, 2013, 11:16:07 PM »

Yeah, I really try to reserve judgment about these things. I honestly don't know much about the case. But the guy just rubs me the wrong way. He can shed a tear at the drop of a hat, but I've never seen him weeping for the victim of that murder. Doesn't mean that he hasn't though. He's a great football player without a doubt.

Selam

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #4838 on: February 05, 2013, 11:16:47 PM »

Thank you!

Yes, welcome! And congrats on the Super Bowl victory.

Selam

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4839 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:48 PM »

Yeah, I really try to reserve judgment about these things. I honestly don't know much about the case. But the guy just rubs me the wrong way. He can shed a tear at the drop of a hat, but I've never seen him weeping for the victim of that murder. Doesn't mean that he hasn't though. He's a great football player without a doubt.

Selam
Ray Ray can just give the victims family a cool million as penance in exchange for the tears.

In the end he falls in God's judgment.

Oh well.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4840 on: February 06, 2013, 02:07:46 AM »

Selam

Yes, you accuse others of sanctimony but engage in it yourself. I've seen you do it before.

Let me ask you this: how can you call yourself truly Christian if you spend so much of your time judging someone whose case you never heard except in the media?

Again, why is this so damn important to you? Do you get your jollies from being "righteously indignant" about things over which you have no control?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:18:37 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4841 on: February 06, 2013, 02:17:53 AM »

Like I said,  that's only because the prosecution managed to royally screw up the case.

Selam
Ray Ray can just give the victims family a cool million as penance in exchange for the tears.

In the end he falls in God's judgment.
You presume to know the judgment of God now? Leave Ray Lewis alone. I know you hate the Ravens, but you don't need to stoop so low in your hatred of the team as to lynch one of their players for a murder of which he was never convicted. After all, this is the Sports Thread, a place where we celebrate victory, cry in defeat, complain about the officiating, boast about our favorite teams and players, etc. It's supposed to be somewhat lighthearted, not a place for you to drag a player into your kangaroo court for a crime of which he was acquitted in court.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:23:11 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
thethinker

« Reply #4842 on: February 06, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »

You presume to know the judgment of God now? Leave Ray Lewis alone. I know you hate the Ravens, but you don't need to stoop so low in your hatred of the team as to lynch one of their players for a murder of which he was never convicted. After all, this is the Sports Thread, a place where we celebrate victory, cry in defeat, complain about the officiating, boast about our favorite teams and players, etc. It's supposed to be somewhat lighthearted, not a place for you to drag a player into your kangaroo court for a crime of which he was acquitted in court.

Amen! King David was quilty of adultery and murder and yet God forgave him. Not only that but God redeemed his past.

But Ray Lewis was never convicted.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4843 on: February 06, 2013, 05:46:19 PM »

So I was extremely bored at work yesterday and did a quick sketch of the Ravens second half performance.

If you hate the Ravens and want to see it let me know.

It's not appropriate to post in the public forum.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #4844 on: February 06, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »

So I was extremely bored at work yesterday and did a quick sketch of the Ravens second half performance.

Would you relax?  Tongue

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4845 on: February 06, 2013, 06:08:30 PM »

Yeah, it was a pretty amazing turnaround, wasn't it? Wink Has there ever been another team go 4-0 in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl after losing 4 of their final 5 regular season games? Grin
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« Reply #4846 on: February 06, 2013, 06:11:15 PM »

Would you relax?  Tongue

Yeah, because there's more important stuff going on in sports now: The Habs and Bruins face-off tonight!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:13:05 PM by stavros_388 » Logged

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #4847 on: February 06, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »

Yo.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #4848 on: February 06, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »

Would you relax?  Tongue

Yeah, because there's more important stuff going on in sports now: The Habs and Bruins face-off tonight!

In other words, I want to see both teams spontaneously combust
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4849 on: February 06, 2013, 06:47:54 PM »

Yeah, it was a pretty amazing turnaround, wasn't it? Wink Has there ever been another team go 4-0 in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl after losing 4 of their final 5 regular season games? Grin
Yeah how about that Blackout

Goodell was behind that one.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4850 on: February 06, 2013, 06:48:58 PM »

Would you relax?  Tongue
The hate runs deep.

Poor Habte doesn't realize how far it can go.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #4851 on: February 06, 2013, 06:50:07 PM »

Would you relax?  Tongue
The hate runs deep.

Poor Habte doesn't realize how far it can go.

Neither do I. Get over yourself.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4852 on: February 06, 2013, 07:04:04 PM »

Never!

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4853 on: February 06, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »

nvm

lol
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:12:43 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4854 on: February 06, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »

Anyone know if Gregg Popovich is Orthodox?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #4855 on: February 07, 2013, 12:43:25 AM »

ROLL TIDE!!!

BAMA lands the #1 recruiting class once again. Smiley

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1469512

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4856 on: February 07, 2013, 01:47:38 AM »

ROLL TIDE!!!

BAMA lands the #1 recruiting class once again. Smiley

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1469512

Selam
The Ducks finally landed the one 5-star recruit that committed verbally to play for them months ago: in-state phenom running back Thomas Tyner. It's good to see such a great talent as Tyner decide to stay home and play in state, even in spite of the coaching change.

GO DUCKS!!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:49:27 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #4857 on: February 07, 2013, 02:07:53 AM »

It's good to see such a great talent as Tyner decide to stay home and play in state, even in spite of the coaching change.
I think he qualifies for in-state tuition.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #4858 on: February 08, 2013, 03:01:01 AM »

John Cleese rants and talks about why American football sucks

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo

This user is no longer active.
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4859 on: February 08, 2013, 03:30:25 AM »

Aw man I missed the IU-Illinois upset and the Lakers Celtics game. I gotta stop sleeping through every afternoon and staying up every night.

Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: