OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 10:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 398170 times) Average Rating: 5
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #4185 on: October 12, 2012, 04:05:22 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

The NBA officially adopted an anti-flopping policy Wednesday, announcing a new rule that will fine repeat offenders this season.

Any player who flops during a regular-season game will be subject to a series of penalties, beginning with a warning for first-time violators. After the warning, players will be fined in increments of $5,000 for each additional flop over the course of the season. The fines increase to $30,000 for a fifth offense.
ESPN.com

About time Stern bosses up!

Haha, ESPN had a great article with accompanying youtube clips of the 25 worst flops in the NBA naming names yo!  (what would the sports world do with youtube??)

A Field Guide to Flopping

I like that Chris Paul and James Harden (why James why?) are rightfully called out as the two worst offenders since Vlade and D-Fish practically invented these moves in the NBA world.. Also honorable mention to Lebron, though whenever I watch replays of his flops it almost seems that he is being facetious, doing it SOOOO obviously on purpose to almost make fun of more serious floppers.

Of course I couldn't help but notice something missing, Kobe Bryant's patented Pump-fake /tear drop flop..

Kobe is one of the best jump shooters since and including Michael Jordan, in fact, this season if Kobe finally learns like Jordan did that he is getting old, and he can't drive to the basket all the time like he was D-Rose or D-Wayde (by the way, considering BOTH these guys have had significant season ending injuries playing so recklessly, perhaps even they should learn the same lesson??) so he needs to do like Jordan did and become the BEST post-up shooter in the game (which he has the potential to do btw)..

So here is the Kobe flop, it deserves his name because I don't know of anyone else that does it so consistently and with such sophistication.

So whenever Kobe gets pressured by a defender when he is on the perimeter, instead of driving in or kicking the ball out like most players do, he posts up and takes the shot.  However, what he does is his patented and beautiful pump fake/tear drop shot.  When it isn't a flop, it is truly a remarkable and beautiful shot considering the combination of dexterity and footwork it requires.  However, when he knows the shot is a bust, he draws on the pump fake to lure a defender into reaching in and making contact on the wrist or arm going after the ball.  If he had released the shot like expected, the defender would have had a great chance at a block.  However, since he DOESN'T release the ball but stays lingering in the air for a split-second before launching the shot, he almost ALWAYS draws the defender into contact and gets the foul.  Now to be sure, many times it is a sincere foul, but it is also a very disingenuous move because it is intentionally drawing the foul, and further it generally is accompanied by some grunting and facial gestures to exaggerate the contact.

The question is, starting in November will Stern have the machismo to actually call Kobe out and fine him police

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #4186 on: October 13, 2012, 12:28:37 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Last week two college teams have 700 yard games.  Today the 49erz had a 621 yard game, setting a franchise record..  This may just be my last season following football Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Do you follow the '9ers? The Giants are off to The Stick this Sunday- re-match of last year's bloody NFCCG. Any thoughts on the outcome?

Offensively I think we're solid, but defensively... we're another team with a MIA pass-rush. Even JPP (may he play forever! Wink ) hasn't been his former sacking self. And San Fran is not a team you should spot 14 points a la last week's Browns game. Thankfully, we play well on the road.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #4187 on: October 13, 2012, 12:31:34 AM »

I watched some team play another team.  One of them lost.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #4188 on: October 13, 2012, 01:24:53 AM »

Every thread needs a smart arse. Grin
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #4189 on: October 13, 2012, 04:45:20 AM »

It could have been worse. It could have been a tie.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #4190 on: October 13, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »

It could have been worse. It could have been a tie.

No, it could have went to kicks Wink

(bring back the coin toss)

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4191 on: October 13, 2012, 10:15:15 PM »

NICE! Grin A football collision so hard it knocks the logo off a player's helmet

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/minnesota-rb-donnell-kirkwood-hit-hard-helmet-logo-181345852--ncaaf.html
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #4192 on: October 13, 2012, 10:19:44 PM »

In rugger the head just comes off.

Forgive my sins.
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #4193 on: October 13, 2012, 10:27:19 PM »

Oh UK, you're so bad. At least basketball is starting up.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #4194 on: October 13, 2012, 10:52:56 PM »

Olympics?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:53:16 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #4195 on: October 13, 2012, 10:54:21 PM »

Do players have to leave the field for one play if their logo pops off?  Tongue
William
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4196 on: October 13, 2012, 11:41:13 PM »

Olympics?

Nope.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #4197 on: October 13, 2012, 11:50:11 PM »

Oh! Grin

I thought you meant:

Forgive my sins.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #4198 on: October 14, 2012, 12:05:11 AM »

Yay one more inning. Screw the Yankees.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4199 on: October 14, 2012, 12:35:38 AM »

Longest inning ever. Man I love Ichiro despite hating the Yankees.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4200 on: October 14, 2012, 12:36:37 AM »

Yay one more inning. Screw the Yankees.

O rly?  Grin
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4201 on: October 14, 2012, 12:42:55 AM »

WOW!!!!!

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4202 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:19 AM »

Incredible combat roll!

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4203 on: October 14, 2012, 12:47:05 AM »

The Derek Jeter Experience

RIP

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4204 on: October 14, 2012, 01:54:02 AM »

Jeter dun went and broke his ankle!
Cymbyz
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #4205 on: October 14, 2012, 02:47:54 AM »

It's getting to be mighty strange in the Big XII, where blowouts are becoming the order of the day, but you never know who's going to blow out whom.  Case in point:  while Oklahoma was embarrassing Texas 63-21, the supposed kings of the shoot-em-ups, West Virgina, were shellacked by Texas Tech, and erstwhile mighty Baylor was getting its comeuppance from TCU in decisive fashion.  The Frogs seemed to have solved their offensive problems, put the loss of Pachall behind them, and shown they're by no means out of the race as yet.  Should be interesting when they meet the other Purple People Eaters (K-State), but they have to get past pesky Texas Tech first.

And then, there's the Cal Bears, always full of surprises, winning decisively on the road while archenemy Stanford was losing to Notre Dame.

Side-note for you SEC fans:  it's looking more and more like there'll be no rematch of last year--not after LSU's losing performance yesterday.  Alabama may well be in there, but they'll have to contend with either Florida or South Carolina on the way to any BCS championship, and we may have to wait till the USC-Notre Dame game to see who the likely opponent will be.

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #4206 on: October 14, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »

Side-note for you SEC fans:  it's looking more and more like there'll be no rematch of last year--not after LSU's losing performance yesterday.
LSU lost yesterday?
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #4207 on: October 14, 2012, 04:35:38 PM »

Side-note for you SEC fans:  it's looking more and more like there'll be no rematch of last year--not after LSU's losing performance yesterday.
LSU lost yesterday?

LSU definitely won yesterday. As a UGA fan, I was pulling for them. 

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #4208 on: October 14, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »

Okay Cleveland was bound to win eventually, but REALLY?

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4209 on: October 14, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »

Wow that Ravens game. Way to go refs.

Felix Jones blocks a rusher up the middle by putting a shoulder in his gut and the refs call him for an illegal chop block. Next play they call a phantom false start...

(the chop block is one of the worst blown calls all year- worse than Green Bay/Seattle)

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #4210 on: October 14, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

FALCONS ARE 6-0!!!

Wasnt pretty though... but we'll take it.  Whatcha say, Habte?

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #4211 on: October 14, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »

not after LSU's losing performance yesterday.

FAIL

Forgive my sins.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #4212 on: October 14, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »

FALCONS ARE 6-0!!!

Wasnt pretty though... but we'll take it.  Whatcha say, Habte?

I say my Raiders had their chance and Asante Samuel had his best game as a Falcon Wink

My only concerns, we were 13-3 just two seasons ago, so I am not impressed till we finally get a post-season win in the Smith-Ryan ere.  I am much more impressed with the Ravens win today, we had one of our worst defensive games ever (Cowboys got 484 yards including a Ravens' franchise worst 227 yards rushing, the Cowboys !!)  and yet still got the clutch win.  Baltimore is real deal don't let that hurtful loss to Patriots fool y'all, that is just football.

I am also ridiculously impressed with the Giants, they had 3 sacks and 3 interceptions, where did they suddenly get all that defense? Still the 49ers differential in the past thee games is 81-30 so it was not that bad a loss in the long arc, but an emotional let down all the same after the Conference game last year.  

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:51:30 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #4213 on: October 14, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »

FALCONS ARE 6-0!!!

I say my Raiders had their chance and Asante Samuel had his best game as a Falcon Wink

My only concerns, we were 13-3 just two seasons ago, so I am not impressed till we finally get a post-season win in the Smith-Ryan ere.  I am much more impressed with the Ravens win today, we had one of our worst defensive games ever (Cowboys got 584 yards including a Ravens' franchise worst 227 yards rushing, the Cowboys !!)  and yet still got the clutch win.  Baltimore is real deal don't let that hurtful loss to Patriots fool y'all, that is just football.

I am also ridiculously impressed with the Giants, they had 3 sacks and 3 interceptions, where did they suddenly get all that defense? Still the 49ers differential in the past thee games is 81-30 so it was not that bad a loss in the long arc, but an emotional let down all the same after the Conference game last year.  

stay blessed,
habte selassie

I agree the Falcons have to do something in the playoffs.  The last couple of weeks, they havent looked as dominant.  Ryan has slowed a little bit. (He was the top ranked QB through the first few weeks.)  Being undefeated is nice, but it means nothing if you lose in the first round of the playoffs again...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:34:31 PM by Timon » Logged

— Chrysostom

BLOG
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #4214 on: October 14, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »

FALCONS ARE 6-0!!!

My only concerns, we were 13-3 just two seasons ago, so I am not impressed till we finally get a post-season win in the Smith-Ryan ere.  I am much more impressed with the Ravens win today, we had one of our worst defensive games ever (Cowboys got 584 yards including a Ravens' franchise worst 227 yards rushing, the Cowboys !!)  and yet still got the clutch win.  Baltimore is real deal don't let that hurtful loss to Patriots fool y'all, that is just football.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

I agree the Falcons have to do something in the playoffs.  The last couple of weeks, they havent looked as dominant.  Ryan has slowed a little bit. (He was the top ranked QB through the first few weeks.)  Being undefeated is nice, but it means nothing if you lose in the first round of the playoffs again...

Falcons have had a few come from behind wins but they still look better than ever.  Matt Ryan has the longest current come-from-behind streak at 18, and is still one of the highest ranking QBs in the NFL right now.  Plus, I dare say this is one of the best Atlanta defenses ever!  So I am confident that we can use the rest of the season to really develop this new high-pass and stout D game to take it into the play-offs.  I like that they have been able to keep their poise even when down, that is what can win in the post-season.  In the NBA its called "getting that look"

stay blessed,
habte selassie

William
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4215 on: October 14, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »

Looks like Arod is the only Orthodox MLB player.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #4216 on: October 14, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »

FALCONS ARE 6-0!!!

My only concerns, we were 13-3 just two seasons ago, so I am not impressed till we finally get a post-season win in the Smith-Ryan ere.  I am much more impressed with the Ravens win today, we had one of our worst defensive games ever (Cowboys got 484 yards including a Ravens' franchise worst 227 yards rushing, the Cowboys !!)  and yet still got the clutch win.  Baltimore is real deal don't let that hurtful loss to Patriots fool y'all, that is just football.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

They had 6 sacks. Wink

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012101409/2012/REG6/giants@49ers#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4217 on: October 14, 2012, 11:04:50 PM »

FALCONS ARE 6-0!!!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Falcons have had a few come from behind wins but they still look better than ever.  Matt Ryan has the longest current come-from-behind streak at 18, and is still one of the highest ranking QBs in the NFL right now.  Plus, I dare say this is one of the best Atlanta defenses ever!  So I am confident that we can use the rest of the season to really develop this new high-pass and stout D game to take it into the play-offs.  I like that they have been able to keep their poise even when down, that is what can win in the post-season.  In the NBA its called "getting that look"

stay blessed,
habte selassie
Better than the 1977 Falcons that set the NFL record for fewest points allowed in a 14-game season (and still managed to go a mere 7-7 and miss the playoffs by finishing 25th out of 28 teams in points scored)?
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #4218 on: October 14, 2012, 11:14:01 PM »

Better than the 1977 Falcons that set the NFL record for fewest points allowed in a 14-game season (and still managed to go a mere 7-7 and miss the playoffs by finishing 25th out of 28 teams in points scored)?

Hmm, I didn't know that stat.

We'll have to see at the end of this season.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Cymbyz
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #4219 on: October 15, 2012, 01:14:58 AM »

Sorry, folks; forgot to check the final on the LSU game.  They won; but it's still going to be a struggle for them to repeat what they did last year, I think.

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4220 on: October 15, 2012, 02:17:33 AM »

Hmm, I didn't know that stat.

We'll have to see at the end of this season.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
Of course, back in 1977 NFL offenses were nowhere near as diverse and explosive as they are today. Most teams back then were content to try to overpower defenses and shove the football down their throats with a good running back or two, and those passes thrown were generally 20 yards down the field to loosen up the defenses and keep the running lanes open. It wasn't until Bill Walsh and Joe Montana that offenses started exploring how they could play ball control with the pass. Since then, passing games have become more sophisticated and more central to offensive game plans. With the increased sophistication of the quick-strike passing game, offenses have become much faster paced, much more difficult to stop, and thereby much higher scoring.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:17:58 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #4221 on: October 15, 2012, 02:34:04 AM »

Sorry, folks; forgot to check the final on the LSU game.  They won; but it's still going to be a struggle for them to repeat what they did last year, I think.

We forgive you. Wink

After their performance at the end of that game, I think their chances are pretty good, but maybe I am biased. Shocked

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4222 on: October 15, 2012, 04:59:43 PM »

Under Harbaugh at home, the Ravens have:

• Allowed an average of only 13.9 points per game, the best figure in the league; Pittsburgh is second at 14.7.

• Produced league highs of 111 interceptions and 209 sacks.

• Averaged a victory margin of 14.3 points.
Elias Stats and Info

stay blessed,
habte selassie
Well, it looks as if things just got worse for the Ravens defense. Ray Lewis is out for the season with a torn tricep muscle. Considering his age of 37 years, this could be the end of a career for one of the best middle linebackers ever to play the game.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #4223 on: October 15, 2012, 05:14:13 PM »

Under Harbaugh at home, the Ravens have:

• Allowed an average of only 13.9 points per game, the best figure in the league; Pittsburgh is second at 14.7.

• Produced league highs of 111 interceptions and 209 sacks.

• Averaged a victory margin of 14.3 points.
Elias Stats and Info

stay blessed,
habte selassie
Well, it looks as if things just got worse for the Ravens defense. Ray Lewis is out for the season with a torn tricep muscle. Considering his age of 37 years, this could be the end of a career for one of the best middle linebackers ever to play the game.

Yeah, I'm feeling real bad for Ray, and he has been contributing more than the talking heads want to give him, he's got 44 solo tackles in the past 6 games, so he is older but still not to far from his career average.  Webb without Suggs is a crucial loss, but adding Lewis to it is just a trifecta.  Hopefully Ray can come back like Grant Hill did from that torn knee last season.  I thought he was done for sure, and now he is a Clipper (yeah, Lakers thought Grant would come with Nash which is why they let Barnes go, and he's a Clipper too now)

stay blessed,
habte selassie

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4224 on: October 16, 2012, 03:26:24 PM »

In high school football, the 8-man game played by the smallest schools can be a wide open shootout, but this is ridiculous! Shocked In a game between Oregon 8-man powers Elkton and The Triad of Klamath Falls, Elkton scored 66 points and still got blown out by 40! With the score at 106-66 inside the final minute, it could have been even worse, with The Triad, in an effort to show some class, taking a knee on their last four plays after starting a series of downs inside Elkton's 1-yard line. The 172 points scored by both teams is an Oregon state record.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/oregon-teams-combine-state-record-172-points-winner-172350378.html
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #4225 on: October 16, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »

A-Rod, you might actually hit better if you stopped flirting with the ladies in the stands.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/16/alex-rodriguez-flirting-yankees-tigers-game-1_n_1970190.html?utm_hp_ref=mlb
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 06:08:31 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #4226 on: October 16, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »

"This is not just about the rock stars," World Peace says. "We have other players that are really good. I am coming to the game with a guitar during the regular season. Every game, I'll have a guitar."
Metta World Peace interview

I tell you, Metta's free-associative insights (I would say Charlie Sheen-esque ramblings but clearly they are more serious than that to him even if they are a bit surreal for us to try to contemplate) are the best Laker press and locker room moments since we had the goof-off antics of Shaq-fu Smiley

At an only-in-L.A.-moment Thursday night, World Peace (in a room that included Wayne Gretzky, Matt Kemp, Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson's children) was explaining his diet philosophy to David Arquette.

"You have to feed your liver," World Peace said to a captivated Arquette.

Feeding your liver means lots of grapefruit, and chopping up and eating whole cloves of garlic.

Now I KNOW Metta is living in LA for too long, every body who ever listened to their querida abuelita knows that garlic will cure EVERYTHING Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:52:26 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4227 on: October 16, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »

Who cares.

Ron Artest is a piece of garbage.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #4228 on: October 16, 2012, 09:30:43 PM »

Who cares.

Ron Artest is a piece of garbage.

What you talkin bout Achronos?   police

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4229 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:29 PM »

Ray Lewis is out for the season with a torn tricep muscle. Considering his age of 37 years, this could be the end of a career for one of the best middle linebackers ever to play the game.

We're all shedding a tear here in western pa  Tongue
Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles Godwin's Law 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: