OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 02:52:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sports Thread  (Read 426632 times) Average Rating: 5
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #3285 on: June 03, 2012, 11:57:45 PM »

I am officially under suicide watch tonight.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #3286 on: June 04, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »

How much did you lose?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #3287 on: June 04, 2012, 12:45:24 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Then I don't feel so bad, because all I lost is my pride, something I could afford to lose in the first place.  May the best ref ..er team win and if the Heat can't get it in six then they won't be worth the Finals anyway.  I said it before and I will say it again, Heat need to perform at 97/98 Bulls level to win this this year, and nothing less will do.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3288 on: June 04, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »

How much did you lose?

As all degenerate gamblers know, it always more fun to lose than to win.

The problem is I didn't lose enough. Anne Frankly, I shouldn't've lost.

I don't "gamble" much any more. I always like to recount the story of Omar Sharif (top backgammon and bridge player along with being an actor) losing about six mill once.

Lovely story. And distills the reason why people become degenerate drunks and gamblers.

But Norm MacDonald tell's it best. It's probably out there in google somewhere.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3289 on: June 04, 2012, 12:55:33 AM »

It is easily much more fun to win. Money is fun and cool.

I guess needing money to eat makes it less fun when I go bust for weeks on end. Smiley

EDIT: The NBA is like the worst pro sport to bet on.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:59:34 AM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3290 on: June 04, 2012, 12:59:24 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

How much did you lose?

As all degenerate gamblers know, it always more fun to lose than to win.

The problem is I didn't lose enough. Anne Frankly, I shouldn't've lost.

I don't "gamble" much any more. I always like to recount the story of Omar Sharif (top backgammon and bridge player along with being an actor) losing about six mill once.

POTM

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:59:42 AM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3291 on: June 04, 2012, 01:05:07 AM »

How much did you lose?

To answer your question directly, I am still over for the series.

Tonight I had a few bets with the Heat favored by 2.5 and .5 pts. And one with Boston +2.5. And I took the under, which held. I've yet to miss the over/under with the Heat this entire post-season.

It crushed my chance to clean up on a bet on a Miami sweep, but I still could end up in the black if this ends in five.

I don't have a real book. If I had, sheesh that blow out against Indiana would have been incredible cause I would have lighteninged my bets. I don't know enough degenerates who will personally wager such structures.

So I have to make a lot small wagers here and there and go to a bar and hope to rope someone in for a little action.

Tonight might end up in a net loss for this game around $40.  But it does screw my sweep bet.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3292 on: June 04, 2012, 01:07:30 AM »

I guess needing money to eat makes it less fun when I go bust for weeks on end. Smiley

Dude you have never seen people wager on baseball. I think my father will go to his grave still thinking about his $50 bet on a nine game parlay which he won.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3293 on: June 04, 2012, 01:14:27 AM »

Dude you have never seen people wager on baseball. I think my father will go to his grave still thinking about his $50 bet on a nine game parlay which he won.
One of the guys that routinely takes my money at my poker table cleans up betting on baseball

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3294 on: June 04, 2012, 01:15:57 AM »

One of the guys that routinely takes my money at my poker table cleans up betting on baseball

He must be a nut. And a genius if he is cleaning up.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3295 on: June 04, 2012, 02:12:48 AM »

It crushed my chance to clean up on a bet on a Miami sweep, but I still could end up in the black if this ends in five.
I hope you mean six or I have bad news for you

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3296 on: June 04, 2012, 02:50:54 AM »

OVERTIRED. BARELY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:51:19 AM by orthonorm » Logged

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3297 on: June 04, 2012, 03:03:54 AM »

OVERTIRED. BARELY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS.

Still laughing. Looks like a very long week at work.

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3298 on: June 04, 2012, 12:27:24 PM »

That was a great game.  Heat came back from being hopelessly behind much of the first 3 quarters to essentially control their own destiny and lose the game themselves by taking the last shot. That is fair as fair can be! If Wade made that shot, Heat would have been so hot they'd be glowing in the dark!  That is the game, you make shots, you miss shots.  I was a bit bummed out and skipped the game until the 4th quarter when it became closer.  Celtics earned that win, but Heat didn't roll over.  Much like the Game 2 win, Heat pushed Celtics to the edge and almost came up with a win! Haslem needs to be put in the rotation more.  He had 17 boards last night and 12 pts..

and now for some bad news

The Ethiopian world-class athlete and celebrity, Haile Gebrselassie, is facing criminal prosecution for a charge of unlawful enforcement of right. The court ordered his arrested appearance due to his failure to appear on the date set for the first hearing of the charge.

In the charge brought to the Federal First Instance Court, Yeka District, on April 26, 2012, by federal prosecutor Terhas Gebre-egzabher, he was accused of changing the door lock on one of the rooms of his Haile Building, in order to vacate a company that was using the room under a rental agreement.

Haile will face a simple imprisonment of one year or less or a fine of not more than 5,000 Br, if found guilty of committing the crime he is charged with.

The Court will resume the hearing process on June 6, 2012.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201205291053.html

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:40:22 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

TheMathematician
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #3299 on: June 04, 2012, 10:41:55 PM »

and the KIGNS do it again, defating the NJ devils in game 3 of the stanley cup finals 4-0

LETS GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3300 on: June 04, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

and the KIGNS do it again, defating the NJ devils in game 3 of the stanley cup finals 4-0

LETS GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take that Ducks! (sorry that is the Angelino in me Wink )

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3301 on: June 04, 2012, 11:14:41 PM »

OKC FTW

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3302 on: June 04, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »

OMGOSH OKC WINS TONIGHT. I CANT BELIEVE THIS

SCREW YOU FLOPPING SPURS FOREVER

– St. Ambrose of Milan
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #3303 on: June 04, 2012, 11:52:55 PM »

The talk shows tomorrow should be interesting.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3304 on: June 04, 2012, 11:59:24 PM »

OMGOSH OKC WINS TONIGHT. I CANT BELIEVE THIS

SCREW YOU FLOPPING SPURS FOREVER

I believe I called it Smiley
I don't see OKC winning it because the Spurs are probably going to win in 5 games.

Slow your roll there home skillet, check the scenario.

In the month of April Spurs had a great record, but it was largely inflated by a soft schedule, same thing with the month of March.  Further, in the play-offs, I'm sorry, but sweeping the Jazz is not impressive, and sweeping an injured and inexperienced Clippers was less impressive considering the Clipz gave more away then they honestly lost (much like the Lakers against Thunder, Clipz could just have likely been 3-2 like Lakers could have been if they had kept their leads in some games they ended up losing by their own blunders) I'd say lets reserve judgement about just exactly how good these boring Spurs are.  Sure, they play mathematical, IQ basketball, and I am always impressed by that, but it is classically Spurs boring boring boring!

Tim Duncan is like Snuffaluggus on the court, and it aint because he is old, he was that cumbersome back in the day!!

So lets just wait and see what the explosive, equally talented and deep Thunder do against Spurs, I'm betting its going 4-2 in the Thunder's favor Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:00:23 AM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3305 on: June 05, 2012, 12:08:22 AM »

Is the series over yet?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3306 on: June 05, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »

Is the series over yet?

No, that is true.  But a week ago people thought it already was when San Antonio was 2-0, and while granted the Spurs are good enough to be that long shot come from behind long shot, I'm happy enough that the Thunder just got that close.  Further, I believe sir, that you said 4-1..

I am the first person to tip my hat to the winner, and not to be cocky ahead of time about presumptions of winning, but America has been swooning over the Spurs lately, and for OKC to have just sucked the air out of the building in San Antonio and got 3 games in a row, is something. Even tonight, I was getting worried in the 3rd.. OKC took a gamble, they left Manu alone and shut out just about everybody else.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:31:34 AM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3307 on: June 05, 2012, 01:37:16 AM »

I feel like you watch basketball games without really understanding what is happening. I'm not sure the Thunder said aw screw it just leave Manu alone we can shut down Gary Neal.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Cymbyz
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #3308 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:05 AM »

The TCU Horned Frogs, whose football team painted Pasadena purple two years ago, are sending their baseball team to Los Angeles this weekend to face UCLA in the Super-regionals, having at last found their hitting shoes and tightened their pittching to wangle an at-large invitation to the Regionals into a championship.  If they can beat the Bruins twice, they get their second-ever entry to the CWS.  GO FROGS!

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #3309 on: June 05, 2012, 02:21:36 AM »

The TCU Horned Frogs, whose football team painted Pasadena purple two years ago, are sending their baseball team to Los Angeles this weekend to face UCLA in the Super-regionals, having at last found their hitting shoes and tightened their pittching to wangle an at-large invitation to the Regionals into a championship.  If they can beat the Bruins twice, they get their second-ever entry to the CWS.  GO FROGS!
Screw the Frogs! Go Pac-12! Three teams hosting Super-Regionals: UCLA, Arizona, and Oregon. GO DUCKS!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:22:44 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3310 on: June 05, 2012, 01:41:20 PM »

I feel like you watch basketball games without really understanding what is happening. I'm not sure the Thunder said aw screw it just leave Manu alone we can shut down Gary Neal.

I feel like you have been becoming increasingly and needlessly hostile to me, and there is no need to be insulting simply because you seem to like the Spurs, and I seem to have a different opinion about how they play basketball.  That is the joy of sports, a healthy variety of opinions  With his 34 points and 5 3 pointers, please tell me exactly when OKC put the pressure on Manu? With all the other roll players aside from Parker stuck in single digit figures, when exactly did Thunder NOT put the pressure on them?

Gary Neil 2
Diaw 5
Leonard 4
Bonner 0
Green 0
Splitter 5
Blair 2

what were the numbers in Game 4?
Gary Neil 8
Leonard 17
Diaw 12
Green 7

Considering the the highlight of Spurs game has been passing the ball around and getting shots for everybody, I'd say Thunder did a great job of shutting that down.  Did Manu explode? Yes.  Did anyone else on the Spurs? No.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:01:24 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3311 on: June 05, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »

You said the Thunder took a gamble by letting Ginobili go off, that's not an opinion that's a factual statement about their defensive gameplan. What planet are you on that Tony Parker is a "roll" player?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3312 on: June 05, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »

Habte and Achronos,

Your line and over/under for tonight's game.

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3313 on: June 05, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »

You said the Thunder took a gamble by letting Ginobili go off, that's not an opinion that's a factual statement about their defensive gameplan. What planet are you on that Tony Parker is a "roll" player?

The Tony Parker was a typo, there should have been an "and" inserted there.  And the numbers I quoted you speak for themselves, Manu set it off and scored almost THREE TIMES his average, and all the other players scored HALF what they had been getting in the series.  I didn't imply it the way you phrased it as "screw Ginobili" that is your analysis, not mine, but it is quite clear from the numbers and the way the game went that the Thunder put less emphasis on Ginobili and focused on the Spurs other weapons. A telling stat line for this? Westbrook had TWELVE assists and Tony Parker had four.  Clearly Thunder shut out the rest of the Spurs aside from Manu Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #3314 on: June 05, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »

In other news, go Kings!   Smiley

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3315 on: June 05, 2012, 11:27:59 PM »

Ouch! He ain't called the Truth for nothing..

My call, the vibe was all wrong when LeBron knocked down Paul Pierce in the first quarter and didn't help him up.  That may be the kind of mean spirited thing the Celtics would do, but LeBron is usually a better sport than that.  For that, kharma always will get you in the end.  If the Heat can't pull off yet another miracle, then God Bless the Celtics, they'll need it in the Finals.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:31:35 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

TheMathematician
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #3316 on: June 05, 2012, 11:44:12 PM »

In other news, go Kings!   Smiley

yes, go kings. screw downstate and jersey
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3317 on: June 06, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »

What gets me is that both the Conference Finals series seem to be following the same path. Home teams win every game until Game 5.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #3318 on: June 06, 2012, 12:21:22 AM »

Slight tangent, but Glenn "Doc" Rivers is one of the nicest, most generous people I've met.  Although I don't follow basketball and don't like the Celtics, I have to pull for him. 

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3319 on: June 06, 2012, 05:08:25 AM »

Habte and Achronos,

Your line and over/under for tonight's game.
I was too busy at my parents house working Geek Squad without getting paid.

Slight tangent, but Glenn "Doc" Rivers is one of the nicest, most generous people I've met.

How so?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3320 on: June 06, 2012, 11:55:57 AM »

You know, this is a good moment for me.  I have been enjoying LeBron James since he was an exploding youngster.  I became ridiculously disillusioned after 2004 and especially the 2007 crooked refs leak, and so I became rather antagonistic to the NBA.  After all, our Lakers had won three in a row, how many more did we really need?  Then LeBron lured me back in with his great attitude and even better game.  The brother is just fun to watch, and a fun guy to see, and an honestly good role model.  When has been arrested? Accused of rape? Beat his wife? Get caught drugged out? Get his coach fired? Rag on is own teammates mercilessly?  LeBron is what you call "a good sport" and that is what sports are about.  LeBron is a BETTER role model then the Jordans and the Kobes, because while those brothers have sick game and an impressive legacy, both have bad attitudes and are publicly bat sports about losses.  In the face of yet ANOTHER trainwreck end to an overhyped season for LeBron, I must reflect and admit that I still enjoy him, and I still enjoy the Heat.  I like Haslem, I like Wade, I like Chris Bosh.  So win or lose, so what? That is the problem with hype, it kind of ruins it.  I am used to rooting for teams half the country hates, and half the country loves.  In the 90s, half of America loved the Bulls, the other half hated their guts for ruining any chances for any other teams to win season after season.  Same with the early 2000s Laker era.  I was a part of both.  I have been spoiled.  Now the Heat put the shoe on the other foot.  An over hyped team that everybody either hates or loves, but they DON'T seem to win it all every year.  Now is the time to find out what it is all about? Its not all about rings. Only one team gets the ring.  Are the other 29 worthless scumbags? What about the other 400 odd players? Do they just suddenly suck? Hardly..

So I'm not gonna let hype get to my head.  So what if people are going to clown me up and down. I  like the Heat.  Big deal.  And if we lose, I will still like them.  But I have been way to into the NBA this season, and I need to kick back. It is fun, it is social with camaraderie, but it should never be serious, or personal.  Its all fun, it needs to remain that way, and taking it to serious the past few years has taken the fun out of it.  But then again,  I am spoiled, because 4 of the past 5 years a team I follow has went to the Finals, and 2 out of 5 they won.  That is not bad. Some fans wait an entire lifetime and never see a championship, and I've already seen 5 for my hometown since I was an adult (several more since I was born!).  You can't win em all, and I've had a disproportionate share of wins as it is! So its time to be humble.  To be a good sport.  If the Spurs or Celtics get to the Finals, God bless them for real!  The earned it.

Plus, my Thunder have been steadily climbing the ladder.  I couldn't complain if they lost, because I am so ridiculously happy with our season.  Heat's season wasn't bad, just didn't live up the hype, but we still had great moments, and we still have the potential for an even greater come back.  I said it before in Indiana, if the Heat do not play at 97/98 Bulls level, they will not win it all, because simply nothing else will do in these Finals this year.

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:10:54 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

TheMathematician
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #3321 on: June 06, 2012, 08:15:48 PM »

TIme to forget about all of this basketball stuff, and focus on the good stuff, hockey

Kings will look to sweep the devils tonight on CBC/NBCSN

screw jersey, go kings
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3322 on: June 06, 2012, 10:08:34 PM »

TIme to forget about all of this basketball stuff,

go kings

Well I definitely agree with you there Smiley

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:08:44 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

TheMathematician
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #3323 on: June 06, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »

if i out in my true feelings for what just happened tonight with the kings, i would most surely get banned.

so, i shall do it in smilies

to the mods regarding all devils fans here
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3324 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07:14 PM »

if i out in my true feelings for what just happened tonight with the kings, i would most surely get banned.

There no shame in a Gentlemen's sweep Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:07:35 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #3325 on: June 06, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »

@#$% Jersey

spcasuncoast.org
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3326 on: June 06, 2012, 11:56:58 PM »

I don't see OKC winning it because the Spurs are probably going to win in 5 games.

Slow your roll there home skillet, check the scenario.

, I'm betting its going 4-2 in the Thunder's favor Wink

God Bless the Spurs, they had a phenomonal season, and back in February I wouldn't have even thought they could have made the play-offs! A great year for them! My respect to their game!  However, I been following the OKC Thunder for the past 3 years..  I enjoy the Heat because I've always supported LeBron since BEFORE he was the player to hate, and I live in LA so of course Lakers is where its at when they are deserving, but again, I've lived here my whole life, and Lakers have let me down as many times as they've won championships. Not just with playing, but their off court drama even more!  Now the Thunder, class act bunch of guys.  I fell in love with this team in 2009/10 when I saw how refreshing they were as a team.  Good sports, community oriented, they play smart team ball, they are very humble even in the spotlight.. and now the have climbed the ladder each year, play-offs to the Conference Finals to the Finals.  Wow.  I love it! I can't help but feel spoiled, every year the past four years a team of mine has been in the Finals, but this year is definitely the most special because, again, I like the Heat, and I can support the Lakers, but Thunder is my team yo!

This is  great night, it more than makes up for last night's humbling loss in Miami.  However, you can't win them all, and you can't have your cake and eat it too, and while I'm used to LA market basketball expectations of being pampered routinely to the Finals (in LA a lot of fans don't even start to watch basketball or take it seriously until the semis this town is so used to making it there).  God bless all the teams, and God bless the Thunder!

only the 15th team to come from behind 0-2 to take the series. Thunder swept the reigning Champions, then took out the old guard Lakers, and now even demolished the Spurs who were swooning gullible America.  That is 10 of the past 15 championships swept away by father time and the young boys in Oklahoma, the team that was the Bobcats grade laughing stock just four years ago Wink

I still feel like I need to chill back from NBA next season, but this was a good way to culminate it before taking a much needed sabbatical.  I still it a bit to seriously this season, but at least its sort of added up to something.
stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:58:18 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #3327 on: June 06, 2012, 11:58:17 PM »

There is when you lose four straight games and the playoff series after winning the previous 20 and taking a 2-0 lead to start the series.
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #3328 on: June 07, 2012, 12:01:14 AM »

I hate Molde FK and Manchester City, they can burn in Mount Doom. That is all.

Forgive my sins.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #3329 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »

There is when you lose four straight games and the playoff series after winning the previous 20 and taking a 2-0 lead to start the series.

Yeah. how likely is that?
Its literally a banner year for the Thunder, and it is still a banner year for LA with the Kings taking the Conference, but rest assured, those guys are  not slow like the Spurs, and didn't sweep the weak Jazz or limping Clippers, Kings took out some serious competition, they got this!  Spoiled Los Angeles will get another Championship, but ironically as the truest of underdogs and most deserving of it!!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Tags: sports Red Star Belgrade New Orleans Saints Manchester United New York Baseball Giants Cincinnati Bungles 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: